• Register Today It's free!

The Unnamed Project

Tasco37

Reaction score
City, State
Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLT
If you check out my reply here - Oct EF Lottery , that will explain a lot and how I got the Explorer.

Let me ask you guys and gals for some help before we go any further. I'm looking for a project name. Granted I've been working on her since i got her but calling her The Explorer is not cutting it.

So what project name would you use?

Now to show off some of the work done to her:

20181116_110906.jpg

I had to replace the rear shackles due to rust. They were so bad I swear that if I hit a bump hard enough they would have failed. I used the original hardware due to not having the propper tools to remove the bushings.

20181026_232530.jpg
The front suspension was redone with Moog sway bar bushings and end links. The shocks are Gabriel ProGuards.

20181026_232142.jpg

Ever bushing was replaced in the rear minus the leaf springs. I opted for the Gabriel Load Adjusting Shocks to get the rear end back to factory height. The sway bar link bushings are Moog's and the sway bar bushings are Energy Suspension. As for the ride quality since everything was replaced, it's extremely firm.

I still have a long way to go before I decide to either turn her in to a trail rig or street cruiser.

Very good, nice start. Let us/me know how you end up liking those Gabriel shocks. I'm going to have to choose a load helping type shock like those for my Mercury sometime next year.

I'll keep the forum updated with the ride quality of those shocks as I add more miles to them.

But for now, like them but sometimes on wavy/washboard or broken pavement...its an 8 second ride of you know what I mean. I really dont know if it's the bound or rebound but my educated guess would be bound since they are designed for handling heavier loads while keeping the vehicle level.

Back