New 2014 Sport Owner - A Few Questions>>> | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New 2014 Sport Owner - A Few Questions>>>

SilverStallion

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
I picked up my 2014 Sport last night and love it - traded my 2012 Mustang 5.0 on it. Mods begin this week. Two questions though:

1) Did yours come with locking wheel lugs? Shocked they are not standard as they are not in the options book.

2) Are you Sport Floor mats slightly different in colour from your carpets? I have the chaocoal/black interior and noticed that the mats are a few shades off the carpet. Is this normal?

Love the vehicle though. Layering Zaino as I type.

Thanks for your insight.

Darren

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1) No locking wheel nuts here. You can pick up after market sets from pretty much anywhere though so it doesn't surprise me that they're not listed as an option.

2) I noticed the same that the 'Sport' floor mats are a slightly different shade, both to the carpet and to the floor mats in my old Limited. Doesn't bother me massively though and the carpets will start to look a bit faded with a little wear and tear anyway.

Thanks - that is helpful. The locks were standard on my Brembo optioned stang - surprised on an up-priced Explorer that they would be absent.

Off to polish I go! Cheers.

I picked up my 2014 Sport last night and love it - traded my 2012 Mustang 5.0 on it. Mods begin this week. Two questions though:

1) Did yours come with locking wheel lugs? Shocked they are not standard as they are not in the options book.

2) Are you Sport Floor mats slightly different in colour from your carpets? I have the chaocoal/black interior and noticed that the mats are a few shades off the carpet. Is this normal?

Love the vehicle though. Layering Zaino as I type.

Thanks for your insight.

Darren
Ford does offer locking wheel nuts as an accessory. The ones I was looking at on their website were $45. Not sure if they were for the Explorer or not but I'm quite sure they can be ordered.

Peter

Thanks guys! One more - do the second row headrests go up and down or are they fixed height only?

I put the black gorilla nuts on ours. 5 Locking on all four wheels and it was about $50 on amazon. The black ones look better IMO.

I put the black gorilla nuts on ours. 5 Locking on all four wheels and it was about $50 on amazon. The black ones look better IMO.

I like those black lug nuts - do you know what size you bought? Any chance of a photo of them installed?

Thanks guys! One more - do the second row headrests go up and down or are they fixed height only?
If you traded your 2012 Mustang for the Explorer, it might be a good idea to update your profile in the left margin. ;):thumbsup:

Peter

I was looking for black wheel nuts do you have the Amazon link?

Amazon Link

IMG_1862%20%28Medium%29.JPG
:

Congrats! We made the same jump, 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 to a 2013 Explorer Sport.

We did black lugs from American Muscle.

Clear-bra, tint, HIDs, and LED lights were the first round of mods, along with Zaino!

I 2nd Harley's recommendation of black lug nuts from American Muscle. I got the 6-spline version, which is similar to the Gorillas (but at 1/2 the cost). Linky

Thanks Jay13 I found those using ur link.

Just want to confirm that the 2014 Mustang Lug Nuts fit the 2014 ExSport?

Those 1/2 RH thread Mustang lug nuts work OK on my '13. If the 2014 Sport is the same, then Yes.

Note, the lug nuts are not as fat as stock, probably to accommodate the spline & adapter/key, but works and looks good IMO.

I paid around $30 bucks for some chrome ones at Discount Tire. They installed and torqued them for free. Matches the stock ones just fine.

Forgot to answer this for you. They're fixed height. They fold forward for when you're folding/tumbling the seat or they can be removed completely, but they can't be adjusted.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back