• Register Today It's free!

New 2016 Sport on the way

BrianT

Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer ST
So my dealer in Ottawa, let me take a 2016 for an over night test drive.
I liked lots of things in it, other than main beam headlights and the roof rack that you can not thigh anything too.
As my lease runs out in March 2016, the dealer told me with the family plan pricing and the 3K equity now is the time to change it.
So I have signed the papers for a 2016 Sport, 30K per year, Silver, Moon Roof and active cruise control, for a 3 year lease $40.00 less than what I am paying now.
Should pick it up Friday.

Brian

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

"So I have signed the papers for a 2016 Sport, 30K per year, Silver, Moon Roof and active cruise control, for a 3 year lease $40.00 less than what I am paying now."
Is it me or are you saying your going to be paying $2500 a month for this lease :eek: :hammer:

Is it me or are you saying your going to be paying $2500 a month for this lease :eek: :hammer:

List price in Canada is around $55481.00 plus tax.
Lease price around $48000.00 plus tax
3 year lease 30K per year $895.00 tax in, Im paying $935.00 now.

Hope that clear's it up.

Brian

List price in Canada is around $55481.00 plus tax.
Lease price around $48000.00 plus tax
3 year lease 30K per year $895.00 tax in, Im paying $935.00 now.

Hope that clear's it up.

Brian
Been a LONG DAY , my mistake , Hope you enjoy the new car !!:D

Guessing the 30K is the mileage but sounded like the payment per year. ;)

Guessing the 30K is the mileage but sounded like the payment per year. ;)
That would be 30K kms I believe. My lease is 12K kms per year and at 1.5 years next month. I'm currently sitting at 6500 kms.:)

Peter

That would be 30K kms I believe. My lease is 12K kms per year and at 1.5 years next month. I'm currently sitting at 6500 kms.:)

Peter

Peter

Thats correct, 30000 Kilometers

Brian

Picked up my new ride, Ingot Silver Sport. Traded in my 2013 Sport.
Sunroof
Adaptive Cruse
Floor Mats.

Had the dealer tint the Front windows to 35% and install Window Visors.
Looks real nice.

Brian

Attachments

• Explorer 2016.JPG
    Explorer 2016.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 700

I pickup my 2016 Magnetic Explorer Sport tomorrow morning. Only option i did not get was the 2nd row dvd players. Will most likely spend the first couple of hours installing all the accessories i ordered. lol

airaid cai
aluminum door sills (outside lip)
led fog lights
rear bumper protector
aluminum trunk sill (inside lip)
weathertech mats all around
led license plate lights
roof rails
touch screen protector
de-badge rear tailgate
aluminum pedal kit
tinted license plate covers
oem mud flaps all around

still waiting to pickup my 18" interceptor rims, tpms sensors for my blizzaks in a couple of months.

may change my mind on a few things while installing. I have 2 kids (4 and 6) and a very short wife, want to protect the door sills from them scratching the paint, but do not want to wreck the look of the vehicle. my last truck is a mess.. May do nerf bars which will help the kids getting in but might bring the height of the vehicle to low. my last vehicle was an acadia with nerf bars and it was great for them.

should keep me busy for a bit....

I pickup my 2016 Magnetic Explorer Sport tomorrow morning. Only option i did not get was the 2nd row dvd players. Will most likely spend the first couple of hours installing all the accessories i ordered. lol

Hope you have picked up you new Sport and all went well.
If its your 1st Sport you should love it.
I have a few things on order as well, planning doing.

led fog lights
weathertech mats all around
led license plate lights
touch screen protector
oem mud flaps all around

My list is a little shorted, but it will keep me busy.

Brian

it is my first and have really had a great experience so far. got everything done today except the mud flaps and aluminum pedals. Also picked up the oem window deflectors. love the vehicle, has plenty of power for the size of the vehicle.

My Sport is on the way as well. Production date was 8/24...should be in the first week of October.

Ordered my Huskey floor liners front and second row(they sit on the sill better, found that out here, worth the effort to read sometimes.)
Cargo liner is a Weathertech (Husky looks like a dish edge)
Touch screen protector
Need rear bumper protector

Going order Cooper Weather-Master WSC tires. 245 60R 18 tomorrow.
Still trying to find a nice Wheel at a reasonable cost(can't go steel wheels, Sport is to nice):)

Exciting, mine actually arrived 1 week early and I was tracking it pretty carefully. Guess shipping was quicker than I had determined. my production was 8/14 and estimated delivery or arrival was 8/30, but as aforementioned it arrive a week early.

I got the police interceptor 18" rims from my dealer for $100/ea. They are a five spoke black steelie which is decent enough for me. I also used my older Blizzak DM-V1 from my acadia which are a little off size, but will be ok. (265 60 18), TPMS sensors and training tool i also got from ebay for about $140 for everything.

Rear bumper protector i got from ebay, which has the lip over the edge and i also bought an aluminum trunk lid to protect the inner lip. i am happy with both.

Bumper Protector with lip

Trunk sill protector

Exciting, mine actually arrived 1 week early and I was tracking it pretty carefully. Guess shipping was quicker than I had determined. my production was 8/14 and estimated delivery or arrival was 8/30, but as aforementioned it arrive a week early.

I got the police interceptor 18" rims from my dealer for $100/ea. They are a five spoke black steelie which is decent enough for me. I also used my older Blizzak DM-V1 from my acadia which are a little off size, but will be ok. (265 60 18), TPMS sensors and training tool i also got from ebay for about $140 for everything.

Rear bumper protector i got from ebay, which has the lip over the edge and i also bought an aluminum trunk lid to protect the inner lip. i am happy with both.
Have you verified that the existing lugnuts will work with the steelies? When I swapped my 20" polished wheels on my MKT with the 18" Interceptor wheels I had to get different lugnuts. Can't recall if it was because of the center caps I also put on.

Peter

Have you verified that the existing lugnuts will work with the steelies? When I swapped my 20" polished wheels on my MKT with the 18" Interceptor wheels I had to get different lugnuts. Can't recall if it was because of the center caps I also put on.

Peter

I am looking around now for new ones. What did you get because I want to pickup the center caps also? I was going to drop by the dealership to see what I am looking at for pricing from them. They have been great so far with pricing, only price that was a big difference was the TPMS sensors.

Bumper Protector with lip

Trunk sill protector

Hey how can ebay be cheaper with the shipping costs and exchange rate, local seems the better buy, at least for the rear bumper protector, dealer here is $138 . I can't find those interceptor rims you guys refer too. Just the standard uglies steel rim. tryed 1010 tires, canadian tire ,local dealer, etc.

Hey how can ebay be cheaper with the shipping costs and exchange rate, local seems the better buy, at least for the rear bumper protector, dealer here is $138 . I can't find those interceptor rims you guys refer too. Just the standard uglies steel rim. tryed 1010 tires, canadian tire ,local dealer, etc.

oem dealer bumper protector does not have the lip to cover the corner of the bumper, which was important to me. A lot of people have chipped their bumpers with the OEM bumper protector. Than is why I went to ebay.

The interceptor rims are part# DG1Z-1015-A and I paid $100.98/ea. Google the part number and you can see what it looks like. There is also a center cap for them if wanted.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oem dealer bumper protector does not have the lip to cover the corner of the bumper, which was important to me. A lot of people have chipped their bumpers with the OEM bumper protector. Than is why I went to ebay.

The interceptor rims are part# DG1Z-1015-A and I paid $100.98/ea. Google the part number and you can see what it looks like. There is also a center cap for them if wanted.
Thank you, I know what they look like, just cant find them to even consider buying.
The price is well over $200 on a couple of sites i seen, ebay is $242 plus anothe $100 plus shipping.
Wish I lived where you guys are buying them for $100

Back