New A6 Nav Card Installed; How Long to Load? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New A6 Nav Card Installed; How Long to Load?

OzzieMike

Reaction score
City, State
Broken Arrow, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer XLT
I ordered the new A6 nav card for my 2013 Explorer w/MFT and got it yesterday. Popped out the old (A4) card and inserted the new one.

Started the car up, and Navigation was shown in the upper right corner of the screen, so I guess the card was recognized.

I thought I'd see what's changed on my way to work this morning, but was surprised to see a blank screen, with only the blinking triangle showing my location on the screen. The text displayed the correct street, and changed properly on my way to work...but when I got to work (20 minutes later) the screen was still blank.

Upon arriving at work, I checked System Information on the screen, and it showed the Nav card as the A4 card.

Does this new A6 card take quite a while to load, or is something amiss with my system?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just a quick follow up to this....

Made a quick 5 minute trip, and still the roads weren't displayed on the nav screen. When I adjusted the zoom level, the roads reappeared on the screen.

However, the System Information still shows I'm using the A4 maps, not the A6 maps I upgraded to.

What's the advice here...do I need to reset my MFT, or just wait another day or two?

Hi OzzieMike,

I've never heard of this happening so let's get to the bottom of it. Please remove the SD card, then I'd like for you to try a master reset by pressing the following:

Gears > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > MASTER RESET

Once MFT comes back up, re-insert the SD card and test it. Also, does the new card say A6 on it, and did you purchase it from HERE?

Let me know how it goes!

Rebecca

Rebecca,

Thanks for your reply.

OK...first off, I purchased the card here:
http://ford.navigation.com/products/Catalog/Catalog_Ford_Explorer_2013/en_US/FordNA/USD

The card does say A6 on it.

When I get out of work, I'll try removing the card and performing the master reset.

Before I try your suggestion...after MFT comes back up, should I re-insert the map SD card with the car running, or should I turn the car off first...insert the card...then turn the car back on?

You're welcome! Please put the card in while the car is running, but after the master reset is performed. Note: You'll receive a navigation fault error after the reset due to the card not being in place. Once you pop it back in, the error should go way, your software version should say A6, and your map should show correctly. If for some reason it still doesn't work, you'll have contact HERE either by phone or the website you posted above. So you don't have to go searching, here's their contact info:

Phone number: 1-888-NAV-MAPS
Link: http://ford.navigation.com/cms/page.ContactUs/en_US/FordNA/USD

Keep me posted though.

Rebecca

Rebecca,

OK....I think I'm all set now. Very strange, and I think it's that MFT was hung up somewhere.

I took the card out (verified it said A6)...started the car up...was going to do the master reset, but when I got to Gear-->Settings-->System, it was telling me there was a navigation fault....please insert the nav card or use Sync Services.

So I put the card back in...waited a minute or two...and checked the System settings again...it now shows I'm on the A6 card.

I may still do a master reset later for good measure, but it seems to be working fine now.

Thanks again for your help.

Awesome! I'm glad that resolved it for you. I forgot to mention this earlier, but if you have saved addresses in your favorites, the master reset will erase them. If it's working now, just keep an eye on it and if things get goofy later, then do the reset. :)

Rebecca

Thanks again, Rebecca!

Back