• Register Today It's free!

New Explorer Owner from Maine

athikerguy4life

Reaction score
City, State
Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Explorer
Hey guys. Like the title says I just bought my first explorer, so let me tell you a bit about it and about me.

First off, this is my new weekend beater. My DD is an 08 Nissan Versa. It has about a 4th the miles of this truck and get about twice the gas mileage. Before these 2 cars I've owned a Chevy Blazer and an RX-7. My new Explorer is a '97 Limited. Gray Leather interior, 5.0 AWD. It has 198xxx miles. The thing is a tank. Started its life as a southern vehicle before moving up here around 2004 (previous owners kept good service histories) This of course means that it has barely been touched by the rust that plagues all vehicles up here. Mechanically, the thing is mint. No fluid leaks anywhere, suspension is tight, and the interior isn't too bad. That being said, the car does seem to be plagued by some electrical issues I have yet to get sorted out.. But I'll post about those separately later.

And here's a picture!

20130529_183425_zps3806cac6.jpg

I plan on going on plenty of adventures in my explorer and I hope that the truck will be able to get me through all of them!

Back