New Gorilla Wheel Locks for 2020 ST - Are these wrong? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Gorilla Wheel Locks for 2020 ST - Are these wrong?

thompsdw

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer Ltd
Hello everyone. I have a quick question on wheel locks. I ordered some new ones for my wife's ST with the 21" wheels to keep someone from running off with them. Fit and thread were fine, as was the seat - but the seat on the factory nuts is much longer than the Gorilla locks I picked up. I looked at the seats on the wheel and they didn't seem too much different, but I couldn't really measure. Has anyone ever run into this before? Is it a problem?

IMG_0318.jpeg

It seems the Gorilla site I checked out does have a fitment chart by vehicle/year. As long as the other 4 lugs on the wheel are OEM, I think you'd be okay.
I've never had to buy them as my dealer has always thrown them in.

Peter

It seems the Gorilla site I checked out does have a fitment chart by vehicle/year. As long as the other 4 lugs on the wheel are OEM, I think you'd be okay.
I've never had to buy them as my dealer has always thrown them in.

Peter
Boy, I have never been able to find a fit guide. I like Gorilla but that has always been a gripe of mine. They have a chart based on size, but not by vehicle. If you found one, please send a link.

Hello everyone. I have a quick question on wheel locks. I ordered some new ones for my wife's ST with the 21" wheels to keep someone from running off with them. Fit and thread were fine, as was the seat - but the seat on the factory nuts is much longer than the Gorilla locks I picked up. I looked at the seats on the wheel and they didn't seem too much different, but I couldn't really measure. Has anyone ever run into this before? Is it a problem?
That's my problem now. I went to every Auto parts place I could and nothing on the 2022. with 21" wheels. The Gorilla locks are black and I want to stay with chrome ones. Anyone have any ideas on where we could find the right one's? That was a great picture to show that they, just a Mcgard is just really not the right one's. I'm tired of just looking at in the garage.:laugh: I really did use a strong cordless drill and can get the factory one's off in a minute. However, they are now torqued now to spec's. Man, the little things in life.....

Back