NEW GUY AND NEED HELP '04 XLT clicky click. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

NEW GUY AND NEED HELP '04 XLT clicky click.

lehelex

Reaction score
City, State
Newark,DE
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 XLT
Fellow Exploder owners

My first car was very used 96 explorer. My current one is a 04. I understand that there are multiple threads on the following but I have never belonged to a blog/ thread.

THE POINT: So I have the imfamous dash clinking that is to be the blend door actuator. The fan blows cold, but not necessary to be A/C cold. (its cold out...hard to gauge.) There is NO HEAT, even after an hour of driving. Engine Temp is NORMAL>
I removed the center console today along with the radio and mount that contains the three knobs that control fan speed, temp and flow designation. The clicking seems to be coming from an area below the frame for the stereo and to the right of the center of this area.

QUESTION: Is this vibration from the clicking coming from further away AND
are there more than one actuators. I hear alot about it being on the passenger side, but that could be from previous generation designs. Any help or direction is greatly welcome. Thank you

I'm going through the same thing. I can't find the blend door behind the glove box. I thought the acuator for the 04's was on the driver side...

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Back