• Register Today It's free!

New guy new questions..

Twan013

Reaction score
City, State
Jasper, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
none yet
Hey guys, Anthony here. I'm considering buying an Eplorer to use primarily as an off-road rig. I've found a 93 2-door, 4x4 with a 5-speed.. theoretically its an off-roader's dream. However I know NOTHING about ford's drivetrain, and how it can handle rough stuff. I've looked at youtube, and other than folks screwing around cutting donuts in mud and snow, all I've found is an orange explorer with a solid axle swap and heavy mods done. For starters, I'm considering a 3 inch body lift and 31" tires.. maybe more intense stuff down the road. Oh, and on these forums, mostly all I can find is people talking about serious modifications (SAS, gear swaps, etc) So it makes me question the explorer's stock capabilities as a trail rig. I know there will be limitations, and that's what I'm trying to find out. I just don't want to be dissappointed after I buy the vehicle..

Anyway, about the vehicle and my plans. it only costs 1250, and I think I can find a body lift and decent 31" tires for 7 to 8 hundred, so there's a nice $2000 trail rig..

Back