New guy, old truck... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New guy, old truck...

jfever311

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hey fellas, I just bought a 2004 Explorer XLT. It has 4wd and the 4.0L. Whoever originally ordered the truck spared no expense, as it is factory equipped with everything from leather seats to a DVD player and third row seating. Nice truck, and it only has 65,000 miles on it. This forums has already answered a plethora of questions that I had (Thank you), and probably saved me a grand in the long run.

Now I am adding my own personal touches to the truck with some protective molding, vent visors, Husky floor liners, and just a few other items. The paint itself is in very nice condition, and I can tell it was cared for very well, but still......

Some guys at work have been telling me about Duragloss products, and they are pretty convincing! It seems like the main ones I would need to use are the following: #601 Polish Bonding Agent, followed by the #111 Clear Coat Polish, Followed by the #951 Aquawax. Does this seems right to you guys?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Jason

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome jason

Welcome.

I've no experience with the products you've spoken of, but I just recently finsished detailing my explorer and giving it a nice coat of Meguiare's wax, and it looks awesome. For 8 year old paint that was abused the first three years of it's life you sure couldn't tell it's history, it looks great.

good luck with whatever you decide.

Just got in my Duragloss package the other day. This is my truck, "Duraglossed".
IMG_2740.jpg

IMG_2741.jpg

IMG_2739.jpg

Welcome To The Forum! And nice Explorer!

Back