• Register Today It's free!

new guy

ydyjdwp

Reaction score
City, State
Pinson, Al
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 Eddie Bauer
Hi folks, Alabama new guy here..getting my '96 Eddie Bauer cleaned up and ready to sell..tried to trade it for newer vehicle and have been seriously insulted by car dealers...sticker on this vehicle was $36,250 and the best offer I've had is $3000..no way..mechanically sound, still cosmetically beautiful, all bells and whistle still work..only problems, cd changer won't eject, cruise control won't turn on..I visited the threads on these and fixes seem relatively simple, although changing cruise switch involves removing air bag, frightening prospect to me...anyway, glad to be here, seems like really cool site..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome

Welcome to Explorer Forum!
Taking off the air bag isn't bad. Just unplug the battery first!

fuse?

Hi Dopler, et al
Thanks for the welcome & encouragement..just wondering, do you know, is their a fuse that services the cruise switch?

If your horn does not work, check your horn relay in the power distribution box under the hood. My cruise did not work. (or my horn) Check that relay/fuse- it is a yellow 20 amp, check your owners manual for the location, and mine was blown. Replaced the fuse, and all is well again.

As a side note- is your cruise shut off sensor unplugged (on top of the master cylinder) Part of the cruise control recall (if done) was to unplug it, which could explain why your cruise does not work.

If you need to pull the airbag- no big deal, there are two plastic covers to pop off with a screwdriver on the side of the wheel that the airbag bolts are behind. 5 minute job, 2 bolts. Just unhook the battery first...

fuse?

Thanks for the replies, I will check these things before I proceed with replacing the switch..Thanks again for the info, you guys are awsome!

Back