• Register Today It's free!

New Guy

jpit11

Reaction score
City, State
Staten Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer XLT
Hello all. New to this forum. Just swapped my 2011 F150 for a 2014 Explorer XLT for my daily driver. I like to get involved in forums for whatever I am driving so hopefully will be a regular here.

Wound up with my truck kinda on a whim. The lease on my F150 came due and I really didn't need another pickup. Have had a bunch of fords and always been happy with them. My salesman (4th vehicle from him) made me a great deal and here I am. Initial reviews after 100 miles are very favorable. Actually quite impressed with the overall vehicle quality and comfort.

I like to personalize all my vehicles so it's not going to be stock for long. It's black on black so going to go with the full blackout theme. Plans for 20" satin black rims and tires, tint on windows, tail lights and signals, and changing all chrome trim to satin black. Also going to do satin black vinyl wrap on the center of the hood. I Have a business trip coming up in a week and getting all the mods done while I'm away. This is my daily driver so not going too crazy but I'm sure it will turn out nicely.

Anyway nice to meet everyone and if anyone has any suggestions or advice I'm all ears.

Back