B2 Guys Bronco Build, restore for crawling. | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

B2 Guys Bronco Build, restore for crawling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not spending time posting anymore..

Well, i picked up a lightly modded 89 Bronco 2, that will be serving as my new offroader, I will have it ready for July Smorr event.

Current To do list:
Swap in Explorer 302
Explorer Auto
Arb Front locker -install
Longarm build for front
Possibly a 4 link rear?? _not till after Smorr

Cage, body trimming and cutting. not any more, bought a different body

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Nothing lined up, and rear leaf spring bent on that side.

Last big order today.

I have Highflow steering pump from Wild horse coming, Hyrdo assist ram, and chromo front axle shafts.

Another order with some joints from Ballistics and tube adapters, and I believe Im done ordering crap for awhile, this thing is getitng expensive but bad-asss LOL

Updates:

Truck bed trailer from old Ranger completed accept hookup for lights

A/c compressor rebuilt, new internal seal

All body mounts hooked up and rears fabbed.

DOM for longarms arrived today, as well as some other longarm parts, few things pending.

Few pics..

003-6.jpg

004-6.jpg

002-5.jpg

Watch out for that razor blade kitty!

009-5.jpg

Trailer is a cool deal. Better than scrapping it for a few bucks.

Since the bed is staying off, are you going to have a slant spare tire mount behind the cab? I realize that is far down the road, but just curious.

Cant wait to see this in person. Your moving right along.

Wonder how long it took to cut those tubes with that razor blade? :p:

out of curiosity, I noticed you ordered a high volume steering pump. would a pump from a 5.0 F-150 move more fluid than the explorer pump? I assume that since its a larger vehicle.
:dunno:

since i'm here, I'll say that B2 is turning out awesome!!

Probally not, Im not forsure thoe. I think the 1st issue would be that it may not bolt up directly and 2nd it may be a bigger vehicle but using the same steering box. Good question but i just went with the aftermarket unit since I know it bolts up and is rated for what I want to use it for.

Today once its not so early Im gonna call about a 97 v8 explorer thats 4sale, pretty cheap, might buy it to have some more extra parts and a few things Im missing that in long run junkyard diving will cost me more than i can hopefully buy this explorer if they still have it.

In the background of this pic u might spot something hmm what is it???
022.jpg

I was worried I was missing some parts so I found a good deal on another 97 v8 explorer its complete so has the things i was missing :)

Drove it some, but t-case chain broke.
021.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

LOL -not the Saturn- I guess off to the side.

Not a puppy LOL, but all good guess's since they are in the pic

LOL, ok OK you got me a Unicorn in the woods, riding on back of a White Lifted Sport Trac, which appears a guy and his uncle are riding the unicorn also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back