New HU/System Installation Question - HELP! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New HU/System Installation Question - HELP!

DjNickCastoro

Reaction score
City, State
NYC
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Eddie Bauer
Ok, i have a 1995 Eddie Bauer. I have the Audiophile System i believe, My Factory HU has the Auto Set Button, I have the Sub in the back and the factory amp.

I have just purchased the Clarion VRX935VD, I already have my 2 JL 12w6v2's and my JBL 1200.1 Amp, from my last car.

I have not purchased the components i plan on buying for the Ex yet, so i would like to run the Factory Speakers off of the factory amp until I get them... Is this possibile?

I couldnt get the correct harness but i had a local shop order me one and i should have it tomorrow...

Can i run the stock speakers off the stock amp, but run my subs and amp off the new HU?

Again this will only be temporary but will it work?

Otherwise ill have just 2 subs and no speakers so all ill hear is bass lol.

Any and all help is appreciated!

yeah all you need is just the right harnest and its just plug and play. and as long as ur new HU have RCA jack.

You will probably need an OEM Amp adapter if you plan on interfacing an aftermarket amp with a factory amplifier. Scosche makes one. It allows you to change the output voltage of the aftermarket headunit to match what the OEM amplifier(s) need, you'll get a really muffled sound from the speakers if you don't. You would need something like this.. http://www.scosche.com/scosche/electronic/OEA4.asp

Back