• Register Today It's free!

New in San Antonio

TheCableGuy

Reaction score
City, State
San Antonio, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Eddie Bauer
Well, after several years of Camaro/TransAm owner ship I am now the proud owner of a 1991 Eddie Bauer Explorer 4x4 w/ 134000 on the clock. This website has been absolutely wonderful in providing info on getting the old girl up and running. All 4 windows don't work, someone destroyed the dash stealing the radio, A/C is gone and the 4x4 doesn't work. Not too bad for $1,500. :D

Luckily I am a big do it yourselfer and this should be a fun project. I have especially enjoyed browsing the photo sections trying to figure out the next thing I wanna do (after the basics and stuff listed above).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you ever see the movie the "Cable Guy", disturbing...congrats on your X. You'll love it. I have had a few already and all have been wonderful verhicles. Up in the San Marcos and Austin area you should have a lot of area use your X.

hey, i'm in lubbock and congrats on the explorer...

for the 4x4 not workin try the shift motor fix... heres the thread about it http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123542
it fixed my 4x4 prob... and cost me some time and a little piece of rubber tubing i had kicking around the garage

Welcome to the board. There are a few of us members around the Central Texas area, one in San Antonio as well. SVO and I are just outside Austin. If you ever need anything, just holla! ;)

J. Anthony said:
Did you ever see the movie the "Cable Guy", disturbing...

Yeah, too funny! I was a cop for 13 years and when we moved here to San Antonio from Houston last year I decided to try something different. Time Warner Cable hired me as a tech and its been a lot of fun so far. At least now when I pull up in front of somebodys house no body runs! :D

Back