• Register Today It's free!

New member from TN

freudy

Reaction score
City, State
Cross Plains
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
Hello everyone, I am a new member to the forum from Middle TN. I have had my 2013 Explorer XLT since it was new, (well my wife drove it for 7 years), and I am wanting to explore :))) ways to make it better in regards to handling and general driving. I realize it is not a go-fast type of vehicle but I think it has more capability than it currently shows. I have had suggestions by my brother for cold air intake to give it a power bump, possibly a tuner to achieve that in greater degree, but I am more interested in improving the handling characteristics first. Any suggestions on what would give me the best results for the money spent would be greatly appreciated. I get my speed fix from my motorcycle, so I don't want to risk doing things that would give me a greater risk of a catastrophic drivetrain failure, so I am equally interested in things to avoid as well. I am excited to learn more about what can be done, and to see what others have worked through already.

Cheers,

Matt

Hello everyone, I am a new member to the forum from Middle TN. I have had my 2013 Explorer XLT since it was new, (well my wife drove it for 7 years), and I am wanting to explore :))) ways to make it better in regards to handling and general driving. I realize it is not a go-fast type of vehicle but I think it has more capability than it currently shows. I have had suggestions by my brother for cold air intake to give it a power bump, possibly a tuner to achieve that in greater degree, but I am more interested in improving the handling characteristics first. Any suggestions on what would give me the best results for the money spent would be greatly appreciated. I get my speed fix from my motorcycle, so I don't want to risk doing things that would give me a greater risk of a catastrophic drivetrain failure, so I am equally interested in things to avoid as well. I am excited to learn more about what can be done, and to see what others have worked through already.

Cheers,

Matt

Welcome.

Back