New member with a fuel line problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New member with a fuel line problem

Kottwitz

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Ranger
Hi, guys. I have an issue that I can't seem to solve.

I have a 1998 Ranger, with a 2.5L 4 cyl. and I've got a fuel line issue. The forward fuel line (in front of the fuel filter) has been accidently cut. The part that got cut is the flexible line between the metal line and the plastic line that plugs into the fuel rail. It was trimmed back to the chrome fitting on each side, and a fuel line (from the local auto parts store) was attempted to be slid over and hose clamped, but it is still leaking.

I am trying to find a replacement fuel line, but I can't seem to find anyone that has it. I have tried LMC truck, the local ford dealership, and every google search that I can think of. (All the local junk yards don't have any Rangers that year that I can get as well).

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can supply.

Welcome to the site!

Im hoping someone can help you here. have you checked an autoparts store for fuel line fixes? Isn't there a section called 'HELP!" with a ton of odds and ends, including fuel line repair stuff.

I did adapt my fuel line to AN fittings from my fuel tank to just after my fuel filter, but this is way more than your looking for. Also expensive. Thats the only experience with fuel lines Ive really had.

Back