• Register Today It's free!

Fuel line woes

Lizard

Reaction score
City, State
Erie, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Limited V8
Hey folks, I just dropped my fuel tank to investgate what I think is a bad pump check valve and tank pressure sensor. Anywho, I managed to mangle the flexible fuel hose just behind the fitting that attaches to the pump outlet. Looks like I'll be replacing that fuel line from the filter back to the pump. I can't find this fuel line anywhere online. Is this dealership only, and if so anyone know the approx price in advance so I don't die from sticker shock? Part number?
'99 Ex, AWD 5.0L Thanks! BTW searched my 'arse' off and couldn't even find the part on motorcraft.com

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Contact Kbabiak on the bottom of the forums page...He too is in Pa...;)

Oh boy. That's too bad. That could be a bugger to replace too. I wonder how much will have to be removed to snake the line back in there?

What I would do is check with your local salvage yard. I happen to have that fuel line sitting on a 2000 Limited about 10 miles from my house. Might be worth a few calls and see if anyone else has it. And you know...that particular line may be the same for all engines since it's from the tank to the filter.

"Oh boy. That's too bad. That could be a bugger to replace too..."

You're only allowed to reply with words of encouragement on this forum. :D
Actually, the replacement doesn't look too bad and I have the tank out already. The line just runs parallel to the EVAP lines on the rail. Looks like it just clips in. Guess I'll start checking the recycle yards, but I have reservations about a used fuel line that runs 65psi, given the fact that my flex line end broke so easily. I just hope they don't say that I have to pull the part!!!

Well, you can see if Ford still offers it if you would rather have new. You can also build your own, but I wouldn't recommend it unless absolutely necessary. But if you have the tank out, it shouldn't be that bad a job, eh? How's that for encouraging?? :)

Well, you can see if Ford still offers it if you would rather have new. You can also build your own, but I wouldn't recommend it unless absolutely necessary. But if you have the tank out, it shouldn't be that bad a job, eh? How's that for encouraging?? :)

Getting better. Now if I can find an excellent condition used for > $50, I'll be VERY encouraged :D. I'll try locally first, cause I'm not sure that line would ever survive shipping. Maybe have to ship it in a box made for snow skis, and leave the skis in the box so it won't bend? :dunno:

Back