Reaction score
City, State
Fort Myers,F.L./Fairfax,V.A
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Explorer XLT 4x4
Here is with the neons an everthang
l_c4b06617880111176833f98cebbc18d7.png

l_58e35b2070b58d8266c5d8854c5c24bc.png

The problem is I just put in a new Trans, on the fluid dipstic when its hot theres condensation on the top, and its rusting the stick, and I never connected the shifter cable so i have been being stupid and getting in and out to change gears, and I think I could burn it up by doing that because It slipped and grinded one day because it wasnt engaged right, i dont know where the bolt is to connect the shifter linkage.... Whats the water on the Trans fluid dipstick? Is it ruined?
Thanks\Matt

Also, I put in new trans cooler with exsiting lines

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i would recomend not going under the truck to chang gears. thet seems like a good way to get run over.

OH no, leak in the radiator, thant cant be good, how do i know just drain it?

I think its just the new trans cooler, its a huge one for like an RV or something,, It might just be keeping it real cool,,,,?? Thats why there could be sweat on the dipstic?

:help: The shifter linkage I still cannot figure out, I tried bolting it in the way I THINK I took it off and it dosent look right and isnt operational,,, It should be directly in-line (the spring and rod) with the ball stud right?
I was wondering if someone could do a huge favor and get under their 1st gen an snap a photo of where im supposed to bolt it in at, because im really retarded on how to do this :dunno:, and it seems very simple... (I cant find anyone around here that has a first exp. and let me get underneath 2 get a picture.
Muchos gracias
Matt

Heres what the fluid looks like.. doesnt seem to be foamy or anything,
Matty%20003.thumbnail.jpg

then water forming up on it, rustin' the junk
Matty%20005.thumbnail.jpg

hey i think i might know your problem...

yesterday i just installed my new tranny, and the shifter cable didn't fit right. it was about an inch and a half off from where it should be...my advice is that if you still have ur old tranny just look at its shift cable support bar, i guess u can call it that, ten look at the one on the new tranny. there are two different types from what i found. the support was different on my new tranny than my old. and i had to switch out the new for the old support bar. just a thought..

also, the support cable should line up into the support at its fattest point. there should be two visible clips u could say. that is around where it should go in

of course all my info is from my sport and u have an xlt
good luck

Thanks, i think your right, it might be a different bar, it has to be. Im going to check on my old one since i still have it, its 20 miles down the road at my buddys farm, otherwise the trans is fine no leaks, shifts good (only when cold 1st to 2nd) i too need a new modulator probally. The only thing is the shifter and why theres water on the upper paRT of the dipstick. I read somewhre that if, waters on the oil cap of a motor that i should steer clear of it... thats all, i might of gotten worried about nothing.

please dont make fun of the quick spraycan job i did on the engine compartment, (yea, u noticed that paint on my alt. and the peeling on hoses lmfao!!

please dont make fun of the quick spraycan job i did on the engine compartment, (yea, u noticed that paint on my alt. and the peeling on hoses lmfao!!

Alright, I finally have the shifter kickdown cable connected,:thumbsup:No more of the ignorant stuff,,, Still no slips or leaks, even with the "water" in the Transmission...

looks nice with the neons

Yea bra,, cause's nothin but trouble for me, with lame V.A. police

Back