New Sync3 version?

kmarnes

Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
I drove the car this morning, and suddenly noticed some differences:
  • My audio connection showed Spotify as an explicit entry -- usually it's just a bluetooth connection of my phone.
  • My backup beeps are definitely new. Maybe even my startup sound too... can't confirm that yet.

I didn't force an update, and didn't see any notifications for one. Also I haven't had it serviced recently. My version is:

SYNC 3, Software Version: 2.0
Build 16074_PRODUCT
Ford Motor Company

VIN: ###

Gracenote Version: 1.1.1.806 (NA-0010)
Navigation Version: 1 15
So curious if anyone else has noticed this and can confirm. If so, auto update works behind the scenes with no input or notification. Months ago, I attempted an update and it simply failed for some reason.

Are you referring to the vehicle "start up sound"? If so, I don't believe there is one. At least not one I can recall at the moment. The only such sound I hear upon starting the vehicle is the seat belt reminder if it isn't done up and which I usually do after starting.

Peter

Everytime I start the car I get the same exact chime tune as the lift gate opening.

So yesterday after posting this, I drove the car, got gas, bought groceries, so I was in and out the car a few times. And I'm getting BOTH sets of sounds for chimes and parking sensors. Sometimes I get the usual expected sound, and sometimes I get what I can only describe as "8-bit" versions of the same sounds. I have not tried to configure anything, but can't ascertain a pattern or if it's some weird speaker flaw. The sounds are completely fine -- I know what a broken speaker sounds like.

This morning, everything was normal. Just weird...

Back