new to the forum. Need help with my ex | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new to the forum. Need help with my ex

IIISLACKERIII

Reaction score
City, State
Marengo, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 sport
i found a 1998 ex sport on CL it said $950. i called him found it had a problem but is fixable. i went there today and drove it home for $600. it has the sohc, and only 157000 on it, it has a fair amount of rust (but for 600 i dont care). the problem it is haveing is a ICV problem. IDK if thats the only problem. right now to start it you have to floor it and crack away at it it it starts it starts on likr 1 cly then spits and sputers away for a bit then gos to 3000 rpm then drops to 2000 and idels for like 10 sec and then is suts off. also you have to floor it to get it to get it in drive. I took the ICV off an cleaned it with gas put it back together and started it, it idled for 5 mins, slide into drive no problem i thought i fix it but then it stalled out and the same thing happend...so is it just a bad ICV????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome

i dug into the ex today and found no questions asked that the ICV is the problem. I will get one tomarrow if i have the time. Now as for as a lift I am going to do a TT for now. and maybe a body lift. Now B/C i am cheap i dont want to buy a body lift i looked around and found a thread on a 1" body lift, I was kinda wondering if i can use some BIG A$$ nuts/Coupling Nuts as a body lift. only like 1" maybe 1 1/2". most of them are really strong and heck a box of 200 is 50 bucks..any one try this? how bad did it fail?

Ok I really need some help. I changed the ICV with no help still wont work. I used a code tool and it gave me P0118 and P0125. no help there.. so now what? it has no codes and stil wont start at all! i can crank all day long and it wont start! maybe thats y it was 600?

Back