• Register Today It's free!

New X Owner

Trinitron

Reaction score
City, State
Basking Ridge, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Hey great to finally have a car. Even though I cannot technically drive it alone yet (working on advancing my birthday lol). It feels great to have something to tweak to my heart's desire. I'm sure my parents wouldn't be thrilled if I made my X into an offroad monster, so I just wanted a little advice of what you more experienced members of the board thought would make my X stand out. It is a 04 Eddie, black (with the arizona trim? i think).

So please post any mod within a reasonable amount (remember im working off of a students budget). I'm already thinking of some possible changes such as the bulbs to sylvania silver star 9007's, tinting the front side windows to match the back (anyone know what % the back windows are at?), clear corners, possibility of a different grille, and might have to rework the audio system in it a little (ex. sub/s and amp/s).

I'll try to get a picture as soon as possible.

Great to join the X community.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the site.....

I am a little confused though...You are too young to have an licence or something?

Welcome to Serious Explorations!!

I give you fair warning, you WILL become addicted to the site :D

See ya around

Modifying can be as extensive or as small as you want. I would say most depends on creativity, skill, money willing to be spent, and willingness to explore. How comfortable are you working on your truck? Will you be doing modifications or having someone do them? Do you do your own mechanical work? Are you comfortable taking a drillbit to your truck?

Your truck is new, and under warranty, so this may change your thinking about what you want to do.

I'd start by making a list of mods YOU want your truck to have. What do you want your truck to be? Are you a streeter, an offroader, a ricer? ;) Do you want a loud exhaust? A hard hitting stereo? Big tires? Big rims?

When I want to do a modification, it's either for style or functionality. I don't need to have the best, just what will get the job done or fit into my budget. My truck is my only vehicle, my daily driver. I have also started to enjoy offroading. When I first bought my truck, I wanted an exhaust, and had a huge subwoofer box in the trunk. I've since removed the big woofers and custom made a smaller enclosure. I never got that daul exhaust, but instead some 31" tires to increase ground cleanance and traction. Your plan will evolve over time. Best advice I can give you is to do losts of research into something before you it.

Welcome to the site, search it, read threads. Get ideas. go from there.

here's something that I think of every time a friend gives me flak about what I've done, or am going to do:

It's your truck, don't let others control what you want to do, it's not theirs. The only person you need to please is yourself. And have fun with it, you'll love the truck more when it makes you happy.

Oh yeah, one more thing, welcome to the board

Welcome. I see you live in the same town as my Aunt and Uncle :)

Hey i got family in Basking Ridge too! your about an hour from me ;) welcome!

Kelli

congrat's on the truck!!!!..there's million's of mod's that can be done..just search the site a little

oh welcome to the board...lol

Thanks for all the responses. I'm really happy that I found a board that has some commited members. Ones that even pay attention to the new members forum ;) . I still haven't had a chance to take pictures but I'm expecting to take them by the end of the weekend sometime.

To answer Crankcase about my age, I'm 16 so I still have to wait til May til I'm legally allowed to drive alone in the state of NJ. But until then I still need someone over 21 to be in the truck.

Thanks for the replies. I'll be checking out the site to get some ideas and add to my list of possible mods. BTW I'm most likely going for a streeter styled X, big exhausts (I wanna really wanna hear that V8), and put in a decent audio system.

Thanks for the replies once again.

Originally posted by Trinitron
Thanks for all the responses. I'm really happy that I found a board that has some commited members. ...

You have no idea......I think some of us need to be committed :D

Welcome to the site!! Damn! I wish my parents bought me a new car, specially a new Explorer! Just watch out though, the 4.6 is fast. I don't wanna hear about you wrecking it!

You won't have to worry about me crashing cause I'm a very good driver :D . Well hopefully I don't get into a crash but I would say I'm pretty conservative most of the time.

I definatly got lucky with the car I got. Very thankful to my parents. It's great becasue after my dad first retired he decided he couldn't spend his time sitting around at home so he went to work at the Warnock Ford Dealership (Morisstown, NJ) they also have a few other makers under them. So he can get great prices for every maker Warnock owns. Well hopefully when I'm sucessful I'll have that Viper in my garage. But until then I am perfectly happy modding the X.

Out of curiosity, How far are you away from King of Prussia, PA?

man, 16 with a 04 EB v8 ..ugg im 14 with a 96 LTD v6 and i was thinkin i had it good..LOL

Basking Ridge, NJ to King of Prussia, PA is 74.1 miles. So probably around 1 hour 45 minutes. Well thats at least what mapquest says.

You won't have to worry about me crashing cause I'm a very good driver :D . Well hopefully I don't get into a crash but I would say I'm pretty conservative most of the time.

Right, just watch out for all the other nuts on the road that can hit you. If we all had shields around our explorers then that would be sweet. Great ride though, 4.6L is a sweet engine!:)

Originally posted by JDraper

You have no idea......I think some of us need to be committed :D

Are you volunteering to put yourself in? I know a few other individuals including myself that need to be committed. :D

Basking Ridge, NJ to King of Prussia, PA is 74.1 miles. So probably around 1 hour 45 minutes. Well thats at least what mapquest says.

You can make that drive in little bit over an hour if you drive like some of us :cough: Spas :cough: but you'll never catch me doing it.. :rolleyes: :D

Originally posted by Blee1099
Are you volunteering to put yourself in? I know a few other individuals including myself that need to be committed. :D

YEP!! Ain't even a question!!:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back
Top Bottom