Newish member here! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Newish member here!

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 xlt
Hey guys, im sorta new here. i had a 97 ranger splash and joined the forum afew years ago but dumped it and bought a money pit, regreting selling the ranger right away. lol..

so, since i last was on here i sold my 97 ranger splash for like 2 grand or something like that... (watched the girl who bought the ranger roll it at 3 am 2 weeks later, lol drunk emo chicks should not drive)

i bought a 98 Isuzu rodeo 3.2L v6 4x4, i loved it. but was a money pit, about 2 or 3 weeks ago i said enough was enough, i was pulling my ice hut to store it and the tranny took a giant poo on me about an hour outside of town.... lol..

so i cut my losses after about 10 grand worth of work into it in 3 years...

i was on the hunt for a 2wd ford f150....
i came across this public auction in town and seen they had one for sale, so i went to check it out.

the f150 was garbage, more rest then good steel and the manifold was cracked.

so i started checking out all the other vehicles there, i wanted a ford due to the fact i had my ranger and beat it and it took most of the punishment. (after my bad luck at first)

so i was looking around and seen a fer explorers.. nothing to fancy 94 explorer, 96 eddie bourer and this 2000... figured i could bid on the 94 with the cash i had.. lol

so this is the 7th car up for auction and it was at 800 bucks.... i stole the thing for 900.

its got 195k on it, has the 5.0 with trailer tow package, not much rust.. over all good shape. the the dark blue with the silverish trim (ill post pics when i get it later this week)

im really happy with my purchase and hope it needs very little.. i dont think it needs too much... if anything. since my ranger i really have grown up with knowing vehicles. tie rods are good, tires will pass mechanical.. only thing i couldnt really check was my ball joints.. also the rear left passanger door handle is broken. it wont open from the inside...

anywho, thats my story for now. glad to be back with ford and not GM GARBAGE.

welcome

Back