Nitrous spark plugs | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nitrous spark plugs

Thanks for all your help. Got the nitrous kit set up this weekend. Did a few passes with a 35 shot. Spark plugs looked great. Gonna try a 50 shot this weekend.

No problem. .nice, you even feel the 35??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No problem. .nice, you even feel the 35??

Yeah it's definatly noticable. Nothing that puts you in the seat but still a lot of fun. I did manage to race a 2001 Dodge 1500 V8 and beat him pretty badly :D

Yeah it's definatly noticable. Nothing that puts you in the seat but still a lot of fun. I did manage to race a 2001 Dodge 1500 V8 and beat him pretty badly :D

You run the 50 yet?? Waiting to hear you get to the 75..haha

What else if anything is done to you truck?how do you like the protron kit?? Is it new?what size bottle did you get?? You get the lighting 500 valve bottle?? You running a purge at all??

Sorry for all my questions, just seeing what you have and sure other would like to know also:D

Here is some pictures of some of mine..got the quick disconnect and filter yesterday. .

20160323_124748_zpsdnwnadhr.jpg

My purge,also changed all the fittings to 45* and a 90 for fuel. .

20160309_134513_zpsrsxgayhx.jpg

20160309_144608_zpsk8im93k1.jpg

I inject into my tb spacer before my tb plate,really want to do a spray bar..

20160319_135116_zpsdozqtywy.jpg

And i run a 15 lb bottle with the lighting 500 bottle valve.

20160307_185054_zpslovb0kr5.jpg

You run the 50 yet?? Waiting to hear you get to the 75..haha

What else if anything is done to you truck?how do you like the protron kit?? Is it new?what size bottle did you get?? You get the lighting 500 valve bottle?? You running a purge at all??

Sorry for all my questions, just seeing what you have and sure other would like to know also:D

50 shot feels great. Definatly more noticeable than the 35. The only thing i've done to my Explorer is a KKM intake and a higher flowing muffler. I got a 10lbs bottle with the Lightning 500 valve. No purge kit, i didn't think it was needed.

I attached some photos of my setup. My engage button will be moved under my wiper button. The wires to the button switch will run through the shifter when i get some free time. The last part i need to install is a pressure release valve in order to pass tech inspection at the drag strip.

Attachments

• 20160325_111346.jpg
    20160325_111346.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 20160325_132453.jpg
    20160325_132453.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 20160325_132444.jpg
    20160325_132444.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 130
  • 20160325_111437.jpg
    20160325_111437.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 133
  • 20160325_111418.jpg
    20160325_111418.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 153

Nice. Yea i need one of those pressure valves too.you dont really need a purge,just lets the nitrous come in or on much faster..

You running a push button activation and not a wot switch??

People certainly dont expect a stockish looking explorer to have nitrous. Its funny how fast you can make something on Nitrous for so cheap..haha

I run a push button in shifter for now but think with new motor ill run it off a boost activation switch..

20141016_143014_zpsbmgdctlp.jpg

Yeah i thought it would be better to have more control over the nitrous for bracket racing in case im running faster than my dial in and need to slow down. Also its fun to be at WOT then fire the nitrous.

Nice. Yea i need one of those pressure valves too.you dont really need a purge,just lets the nitrous come in or on much faster..

People certainly dont expect a stockish looking explorer to have nitrous. Its funny how fast you can make something on Nitrous for so cheap..haha
Considering switching over to the WOT switch. How did you mount yours?

I run a push button as well
Ah ok. Are there any larger throttle bodies that will direct fit onto an explorer that I coud find at the junkyard? I know of the BBK throttle body but if i'm gonna drop $200 on a part its gonna be the underdrive pulley

Ah ok. Are there any larger throttle bodies that will direct fit onto an explorer that I coud find at the junkyard? I know of the BBK throttle body but if i'm gonna drop $200 on a part its gonna be the underdrive pulley
No direct fits

No direct fits
Thanks. I ran a 16.9 the other night at the track but i never got a clean run because the fire button broke and didn't have nitrous spraying for the whole run. I decided to do the WOT switch to be more consistent and possibly lower my ET. i'll definatly update on the WOT switch once i get it installed.

Also the electric fan is doing great. I drove up Vail Pass 2 weeks ago and it kept the engine cool all the way up the pass.

Thanks. I ran a 16.9 the other night at the track but i never got a clean run because the fire button broke and didn't have nitrous spraying for the whole run. I decided to do the WOT switch to be more consistent and possibly lower my ET. i'll definatly update on the WOT switch once i get it installed.

Also the electric fan is doing great. I drove up Vail Pass 2 weeks ago and it kept the engine cool all the way up the pass.
Awesome

Keep in mind without a purge it takes up to 3 seconds to get liquid nitrous to the injector..

Awesome

Keep in mind without a purge it takes up to 3 seconds to get liquid nitrous to the injector..
yeah I really conisdering a purge kit so i know nitrous is in there. Plus it will be cool to see nitrous purge in front of the windshield

Back