No Gears After Valve Body Replacement. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No Gears After Valve Body Replacement.

rustybug

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Explorer
I have a 96 Explorer 4.0, 4r55e trans. I was getting code P0756 "shift solenoid B performance or stuck off." I took the valve body to the trans shop once I got frustrated after changing solenoid didn't fix it. Now, after re-installing it, there is no forward or reverse gear. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.:roll:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Vb

I would first make sure the manual valve is connected properly- It is the part that the gear selector moves. It can be seen in this image here-
spool.jpg

I found the image in the 5r55e valve body rebuild diary topic which can be found here
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140987&highlight=valve+body

From what i have heard the 4r and 5r trans are very similar.

How could I have missed that? I am working myself up for the task. Thank you TickDontPick.

let us know how it goes! I rebuilt the valve body on my 5r55e about 2k miles ago using information primarily found searching this forum. There is a ton of good info here!

Indeed, I had forgotten to attach the manual valve. Unfortunately, it turned out that the initial problem was a broken band. I decided to quit while I was ahead and take it to the shop. I am now back in business.

Back