• Register Today It's free!

No pressure to the fuel rails

93xlt2wd

Reaction score
City, State
Valkaria Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT 2WD
I have a 93, and I am not getting any pressure to my fuel rails. I can hear my fuel pump kick on and I just replaced the fuel filter. The engine is not starting and I have spark. But when I press the little fuel valve on the rails no sign of anything. Could this be some relay or what. I have a new ECU also.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you checked with a fuel pressure gauge?

shouldn't fuel come out any way? I know on my 93 SHO I had this problem and now fuel comes out whenever. At least a little, and if it was working right it should shoot out a lot.

If you can hear the fuel pump come on, then it isn't likely a relay problem. Of course, this assumes that when you say, "I can hear the fuel pump come on." that you actually hear the fuel pump and not something else (the difficulties of diagnosing over the internet).

Does the pump come on if you ground the fuel pump test lead in the self-test connector (key on)? Does it build up any pressure (again, best tested with a pressure gauge)? Can you hear fuel being returned to the tank?

If you find a Chilton's manual (or Autozone's free electronic equivalent on their website), the fuel pump section has a diagnostic chart that will take you through diagnosing the fuel system.

I know this is gonna sound really stupid but are you sure you have gas in the tank? this happened to me about 2-3 months ago with my 92 X and someone had siphoned my tank dry eek! put gas in it fired right up :) if indeed you do have gas i would also take a look at your fuel lines making sure you dont have any major leaks... best of luck
~troy~

Holy Crap as stupid as it was it was right! There was no gas in the gas tank! My gas gauge doesnt work so I didnt realize that someone had stolen the gas out of it. I put gas in it and it started right up. Thanks.

good save! :thumbsup:

Back