• Register Today It's free!

Non-working USB port

Scottsand

Reaction score
City, State
Hamilton, ON
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Ford PIU
In fact, this is my second post. I've been having a hard time with USB ports lately. A few days ago, after starting the car, I suddenly found that the USB interface was not working, and even the USB in the armrest box lost contact. I then tried the front cigarette lighter and it worked, but the rear one along with the USB died. It’s so weird. Has anyone had the same experience? I'm now suspecting a fuse or cable problem. By the way, I’m the 18’ PIU.

In fact, this is my second post. I've been having a hard time with USB ports lately. A few days ago, after starting the car, I suddenly found that the USB interface was not working, and even the USB in the armrest box lost contact. I then tried the front cigarette lighter and it worked, but the rear one along with the USB died. It’s so weird. Has anyone had the same experience? I'm now suspecting a fuse or cable problem. By the way, I’m the 18’ PIU.
Did you check the fuses? You won't find one listed for "Cigarette lighter" since they are called 'power points' or 'outlets'. ;)

Peter

I have found that cleaning the four gold surface contacts with a piece of thin plastic as a backing and an alcohol pad will rub off the contamination on both the male and female connectors. I have used this trick for years.

Not sure if this would be any help, I have a '22 Timberline that I was having some issues out of by USB-C recently. I was able to find the fix last night, this link is to the thread I start, and ended up sharing answers on. Hope it helps!

Back