• Register Today It's free!

Northwest meets

Stolle

Reaction score
City, State
Ft. Lewis WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Sport 2dr 5Spd MTX
hey whats up people. im over near Tacoma and i just noticed there is a NW section. do you guys have regular meets around these parts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well idk about all the trails. seeing as my truck is all stock yet. i just picked it up last november. i need help on how to lift it.

im thinking TT and shackles on some 32/33's?

im looking for some 4dr leaf packs to upgrade from my rear monoleafs.

well idk about all the trails. seeing as my truck is all stock yet. i just picked it up last november. i need help on how to lift it.

im thinking TT and shackles on some 32/33's?

im looking for some 4dr leaf packs to upgrade from my rear monoleafs.

That would be the most economical way to lift it. Also consider about a 2" body lift and 33's will clear fine.

Don't forget tow points front and back.:thumbsup:

Stock, you should be OK at Tahuya but you'll want a little more clearance for Liberty. We don't know about the Mountain Loop Highway and all the offshoots, that's why we're going.

I hope to have my baby fixed in time for the next meet...and if not may plan on bringing the gas sipper instead!

Welcome to the Forums too Stolle!

np. i also have another project going.

a 2001 Ford Focus zx3 with a Jackson racing m45 roots blower on it.

blower whine.

th_MOV00831.jpg

3rd gear.

th_MOV00807.jpg

and the car.

0628081635.jpg

how much does a 2" BL cost and how hard would it be todo on a sport thats manual. i dont want to lift too much to where i have to cut and grind the tunnel where the shifter come up to let me get into 5th/R. my buddy on his wrangler had the problem after a body lift.

No problem with a body lift & Manual Transmission. Your shifter will just sit 2" lower.

I have a spare set of 4dr. springs you can have.....I'm over in Bremerton. I am over on your side every few weeks....

Ryan

Ryan, when are you going to come on one of the runs!??

Stolle, nice score, free $50 springs.

Body lifts are in the 120 to 150 dollar range. The hardest part is geeting to all the body mount bolts. Don't go over 2" though. I had a 3" back in the day and it caused some wierd steering problems, but was fixed when I cut the lift blocks down to 1.5".

The install goes really quick, basicly, loosen all body mount bolts, detatch engine fan shroud, remove body bolts on one side, jack up body, install blocks and ne bolts, and repeat for the other side. Two hours tops.

would anyone be willing to help me install one?

stolle yea i can help you we can do on post in a couple of hours if you get the body lift and to the auto center before all the bays are taken

wow just noticed that date oops

hey man. i have garage space off post with all the tools and jacks and jack stands we need todo one...

lemme know if you can help me in a few weeks. just lemme know and ill find a 3" BL and order it.

i'm in hayden idaho when was the next meet i'm running a stock 98 explorer how bad do you think the trails would be if i could make it

This weekend in the Tahuya State Forest near Belfair at the South end of Hood Canal.

Yes a stock X will have plenty of fun there

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235420

Don't worry if you can't make it, Im sure there will be at least 1 gathering in Eastern Washington, either at Liberty off SR97 or the Naches area off SR410 - SR12 later this year.

We need to find that funny rock or moon rock Ken keeps asking me about.

May and early June are out for me as I am planning on making the long terek to Moab on the last weekend of May.
Posted via Mobile Device

OK, we'll start planning that one while we're at the campfire this weekend.:thumbsup:

There's trails for everyone up there.

Back