Not So Standard Hood Release Problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Not So Standard Hood Release Problem

CCMphysician

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
At the risk of starting yet another hood release problem thread, I have to ask this question. I have looked all night for a solution, but none of the posts for the standard hood latch release problem seem to apply. Here is the situation.

I was working under the hood this evening/afternoon when I noticed that the hood latch was extremely dirty. The standard method of opening this hood has been to have two people present. One to pull the hood release and the other to push down then pull up. Therefore, I sprayed it with the obligatory penetrating lubricant. Here is where I think the problem happened, I tried to work the lubricant into the latch by working the latch on the right side down until it locked. I then tried to close the hood. The hood partially closed and now I can't get it back up. It's stuck in that partially closed position when you pop the hood. I then try working the hood release in the front of the grill and I can't really get it to budge. Any ideas? Sorry if this isn't coherent, but I'm so frustrated with the problem right now I can't think straight!

Thank you in advance,
CCM

I think what your saying is that you closed the hood when the mechanism is in the locked position? if so there should be a manual release on it somewhere... There is a thread about it on here somewhere also... I had this happen to me and it was a pain in the ass to get out, but it was awhile ago so I dont remember what I did. Sorry.

Back