• Register Today It's free!

Not sure what to do

twwgigi

Reaction score
City, State
la vista nebraska
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 explorer
Ok here is the problem, I've been having trouble getting the 92 explorer to start. Last night after much work, we finally got the check engine light to come back on (I'm sure I have a wiring problem as well as what is to come) once we did and turned the key, the fuel pump did not engage. I did hear alot of clicking. So I got one of the teenagers in the house to turn the key several times while I stood listening to hear the noise. I located a gray box that was making the noise. I assume (I know never assume) that it is my fuel pump relay. There is a number stamped on the box 65900902326 but I have no idea if this is fuel pump relay. Any help would be appreicated. Gigi:eek:

If the realy clicks sounds like it is working, you need to check if you are getting voltage at the tank. If so, then the pump is probably bad. If no voltage check fuses, most likely you have done this. For another check, run a hot wire to the pump this will tell you if it's the pump or an open circuit.

Can you tell me how to check? Sorry not a mechanic, just play one with my explorer (lol) and not very well!

Back