Note to nitrous users | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Note to nitrous users

Just thought I'd post this because I don't think it's come up yet.

After closing your bottle, it's a very good idea to relieve the pressure from the nitrous system. If you don't have a purge kit, this means making a nitrous run with the bottle closed. Simply get on the nitrous enough to relieve the pressure from the system, indicated by the pressure valve you should have on the bottle.

I do this every time I use my nitrous, and it will prolong nitrous solenoid and line life, as well as preventing nitrous pooling in your intake.

On a side note, I'm getting a remote bottle opener in the next few days :)

purger

how much is a purger - and how fast do you think that remote opener will open a bottle up for you?

Aslo - Alec! How can we talk further about a supercharger for my X - Thanks

I know someone must have a solution for me.

Depends on the remote opener. I decided to go with one by NOS that fits in-line at the bottle outlet. So I open the bottle by hand and can leave it that way for a while, letting the remote solenoid stop the flow. There are also some that are "mechanical" that replace the bottle spigot valve. The solenoid type is almost instant, the valve types take a few seconds.

Remote kits are usually $200-250. Purge kits around $150.

About the s/c, go to www.rangerpowersports.com . There was a guy there, Brian Maclevy? or something that custommed a roots blower onto his SOHC. A centrifugal setup would probably be easier due to less machining involved. But if you get the machining and custom work for cheap, the roots setup will probably be cheaper. Anything for the SOHC is gonna be custom. Your best tools right now are patience and research.

Back