• Register Today It's free!

number pad entry

BML325

Reaction score
City, State
Lake Mary, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Eddie Bauer 4x4
Where is the computer that has the sticker with the factory number for the keyless number pad on the door?

I know how to program it and everything, I just need to know where the computer box is with the sticker on it.

Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In the compartment where the jack is, there is a little box towards the front of the compartment that has the white sticker with the keypad number on it. Its kinda hard to see so you will have to look pretty good.

Since you have a 3rd generation, the RAP module is not located in the drivers rear compartment.. I believe some one did locate where the module is but I can't recall where it is..

Not sure where it is on an 02, but on my 99, its at the far front of the jack compartment.

Didnt even notice he had a 02, I have no idea where it is on the new Explorers.

have you tried calling a dealer and see if they can tell you.

Sorry I didn't mention I had a 2002 before.

I haven't tried calling a dealer yet, I thought maybe someone on the message board might know off hand. If I can't find an answer here I'll try the dealer. I just don't like the dealers.

There was a thread about it before, and it was said to be under the dash somewhere, so I looked for it on my mom's 2002 but couldn't find it to confirm. I think that they said it was under there for the newest Rangers, but not sure if it was also under there for the Explorers as well.

I've heard it's under the dashboard at the driver's side.

Thanks for this post! I just picked up my '97 yesterday and was having a hard time figureing out where that sticker was! One quick search later and Whammo I have the same code programmed as the wifes Grand Marquis!

Thanks Guys!

easier to call the dealer with your vin#

Its possible that there might be a card in the Owners Manuals. Every one came with one, so yours might be in there somewhere. Next step would be stopping by the dealer, I believe that they can hook it up to their diagnostic machine and pull the code. Might cost a little bit. I don't think they have the number on file with the VIN.

Originally posted by Billy177
easier to call the dealer with your vin#

They won't give you the number of the phone.. You have to physically bring the vehicle in to get the RAP code.. Otherwise people would be calling in vin #s left & right for illegal activities. Just refer to Robbs post and look for it..

i have a '02 sport and drove myself crazy looking for it. finally took it into the dealer and t was told by a dealer that ford stopped putting the code in the vehicle in the 3rd gens. said it would be about $40 to have them plug into the computer and get the code... of course... he may have just been telling me that to get my 40 bucks, but i've looked everywhere for the damn code, so i tend to believe him.

I have 02 and it is located behind the right hand side 2nd row side panel, near the seat belt hides. I found it by click on the remote locks and you can hear a relay clicking back there. You can remove some screws and pull the rubber striping away from the door to gain access to view the numbers.

On my '00

It's located in the driver's side jack compartment.

Recommended code is:

Look at the VIN and use the last 5 digits of the VIN when programming. That way - you never need to remember the code if needed, just look at the VIN in the front windshield (driver's side). The code is always with you.

;)

I found it, it was right where satyr64 said it was, behind the plastic on the rear passenger side.

Thanks a lot!;)

argh... is there ANYONE out there who has located the code on a 3rd gen sport?

i don't have a rear door, so i'm not sure where to look based on satyr64's experience. i don't see any screws that would give me access to behind the rear seatbelt compartment.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

try listen for a relay clicking as you lock and unlock the door, try not to get confused by the sound of the locks. hope this helps the module that has the code on the outside of it house about 3 relay inside

Back