• Register Today It's free!

NV Desert Poker Run '08

badge49

Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT 4X4
My buddy and I have started putting together plans for a desert trip in Nevada, June 7 - 11. This will be the official "Where In The Duck Are We? 4x4 Club", 2008 expedition. Not sure yet on the exact start trail location, but our plans include at least three days off-road, camping and exploring with two days highway travel. We plan to visit ghost towns and spend lots of time wandering the desert, shooting random critters, and having a good time around campfires.

Anyone is welcome to join us; we have about 8 people and 5 vehicles attending so far. We plan to be self sufficient, so you'll need plenty of gasoline, water and food. The trails we will run will be very mild (we have a 4wd Tercell in company), so bring what you've got.

Respond to this post or PM me if anyone is interested in joining or meeting up. So far there are only two Explorers in the group.

Edit: No actual "critters" will be harmed unless they try to harm us.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Update/Correction

Dates are now June 14 - 18. One day highway driving to the trail head, three days off-road, one day highway driving home. Another two people have said they may join us.

For people that are sent to this thread from the link I put on Myspace, reply to me through Myspace, through my e-mail, or become an Explorerfourm.com member and post here!

The Plan Thickens...

Nick (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cf...&MyToken=dfaa2d60-6a5f-414b-8e6e-29f879253c4b) and I have been pouring over maps and websites (and a few beers), and have come up with a few locations we would like to see. We decided that Pine Grove, NV would make a good trail head the first day. From there we want to head (off-road only) to Aurora. We were thinking that over the last day or so we would travel through Buena Vista, Marietta, Mina, Luning and maybe Pamilco, which would bring us full circle to the highways home. The names above are "ghost towns" in varrious states of decay. We came across a great website for anyone interested in ghost town trails: http://www.offroadexplorers.com/

Stay tuned for comming updates to the route, convoy list and milage.:navajo:

This sounds like it would be a lot of fun, but i'll be out of the country.

Bummer! We're hoping to get a large enough group to keep things entertaining if the weather goes bad or Nick's Dodge breaks...you know, the normal upsets :)

Back