Elite Ranger
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Omao, Kauai
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Ranger XLT 4X4
I couldn't think of any under $10 to put in the other thread:D, so I started this one!

Safety Seal tire repair kit. I just used it again today. I had a nice 1 1/4" screw in my tread, and fixed it in my driveway with basically no loss in air pressure. It's saved me on the trail many times, too.:)

What else?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have:

Tow Hooks: $19.95 each
Tow Strap: $15.00

Lookin at getting a hi lift in the next few months and the kit to use it as a winch...

Just wonderin', what hooks and strap you have. $19.95 seems high for a hook, unless it's something special. And $15 seems low for a decent strap.
Can you give me any details?

Some of the under $100 accessories I have:

30K lb -30' long strap $30
20K lb - 20' long strap $20
10' chain with grab hooks $10
Hi lift, Shovel, Axe
Jackmate (for use with hi-lift jack) $~40
Warn receiver shackle $50
Extra shackles for hooking straps together $7ea.
5lb homemade Powertank system $30
Big Maglite $20

Next on my shopping list is:
Rockstomper snatch block $50
Tree saver strap $20

Originally posted by RangerX
Just wonderin', what hooks and strap you have. $19.95 seems high for a hook, unless it's something special. And $15 seems low for a decent strap.
Can you give me any details?

The hooks are made by Highland... I bought them at Advance Auto Parts... I don't know if I was too clear in my original post, they're $19.95 per hook, so about $40 total plus tax...

I don't remember what brand the strap was, it was about middle of the line according to the guy at the 4wd shop in town (that place is a joke :rolleyes:). It was white with yellow loops, and was useless after using it once. Of course it was on a sharp edge... But I'll probably go with the highest grade they have next time I go in...

Good set of ratchets
Torque wrench
adjustable wrenches (don't need to carry a whole set of individual ones).
CO2 tank, regulator, and hose comes to about $100
sand ladders

hmm....

How about pre-set tire deflaters, just screw them on and walk away. They deflate to whatever pre-set tire pressure you want.

set of 4 $55
DSC03468_.jpg

Under $100 ?

CO2 tank and accessories
Front receiver hitch (barely - $99.95)
Front tow hooks
Rear receiver hitch
Rear tow hook
Shackle for receiver
Winch mount plate for receiver
Winch power cable for the rear
Snatch block
Tow strap
Chain
Miscellaneous recovery junk
'Real' fog lights
External antenna for GPS
300W inverter
Permanent mount for ham radio antenna
Spare mag mount antennas for ham & CB radios
CB radio
FRS radios
Roof rack
First aid kit

Under $10 -
Custom mount for rack
6 pin trailer socket
Various tools
SPARE CLOTHES!
Raised breather hoses
Rope/string/bungie cords
Gas can
5 gal water can
Oil/trans/power steering fluid
Tire plugs
Extra power socket in the rear compartment
Spare fuses
Shovel ($9.98)
MAPS!
Gloves
Rubber gloves
Trash bags
Cups, plates, silverware, Scott towels, wine bottle opener
Kite and string
Frizbee

2 LARGE Tupperware containers full of miscellaneous junk.

Now all I need is room for people!

uhh well i think i found the ultimate tow strap, anyone in the military wll understand this...I was in the 82nd airborne, one day while doing parachute recovery i "acquired" a "heavy drop strap. its a pretty simple strap...has a D-ring on one end and its about 3/4 to 1" thick and roughly 35feet long. load rating is 25,000lbs. these straps are used on heavy drop pallets, if you dont know what that is, its a big flat piece of metal that the army uses to drop vehicles out of planes on, these straps hold the vehicle to the pallet. yeah the straps break once in awhile, only time i saw it happen was when a 10k forklift lfted a smaller forklift up with one. but it did get the small lift about 10 feet in the air before it broke. man that was a cool crash let me tell you!
OH YEAH STRAP COST ME 0.00$ i guess thats under 100.00$

CO2 tank for wheelin??

The things you all have mentioned are all great ideas. I need to get to the store soon and pick up some of those good ideas, but the one thing i didn't understand was the CO2 tank, hoses and regulators. What are these for?? Is this for some kind of welding when your Ex breaks off road?? Thanks for the help.

Back