Open letter to LMS | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Open letter to LMS

TouchOfEvil also has this issue and had been lightly vocal about it, plus there are many in the Lund camp with a similar issue.

I have standalone EMS on both my other turbo cars with complete tuning control. I would know if I had bad gas since I run the same fuel in all 3 cars.

Lund was having issues with this as well initially, actually before anyone with LMS tunes started talking about it. But Lund has worked out those issues and while Ken wouldn't say what he fixed, he led on that it was strictly a tuning issue that he did not predict or expect and wasn't blaming fuel, hardware, or mechanical parts.

Now, fanboying aside, there has been multiple promises of rereleasing the high boost/race tune from lund but it never happened and all my emails have gone unanswered. So needless to say i'm not very thrilled either but at least my surging/stuttering is gone.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

LMS,

I have tried to contact your tuner directly after failing to get any real answers to my questions about my and the collective Ecoboosted Explorer community's issues with your tuning.

Continuing to tell us that "winter gas" is the reason your tunes pull throttle angle and that the OBD2 data stream is inaccurate, BS and borderline unethical. You and Ford validate your tunes based on this OBD information and spouting off that it is wrong so that people don't question your product quality is just awful. Moreover, having tuned multiple vehicles myself over the years for myself and others, it is complete BS to require pulling boost and timing for cold weather. This is a classic sign of poor tuning and I genuinely worry about my engine after seeing some of the actual data from my vehicle.

Make it right and give us real answers to our issues and stop playing this selfish game.

Lund was having issues with this as well initially, actually before anyone with LMS tunes started talking about it. But Lund has worked out those issues and while Ken wouldn't say what he fixed, he led on that it was strictly a tuning issue that he did not predict or expect and wasn't blaming fuel, hardware, or mechanical parts.

Now, fanboying aside, there has been multiple promises of rereleasing the high boost/race tune from lund but it never happened and all my emails have gone unanswered. So needless to say i'm not very thrilled either but at least my surging/stuttering is gone.

Vtechkiller I am in the tuning department and my name is Dan Millen, I have never received a message or voice mail from you on my voice mail. Our number is 313-561-5500 and hit zero and have someone transfer you to my voice mail or send an email to info@livernoismotorsports.com I would be more than happy to talk to you about any issues you have. But from the sounds of it you don't have a problem other than not being pleased with what you see on your data log.

If your truck has a hesitation with our CW tune then we if course want to correct it. If we can't get it right remotely I will make a trip to see you or arrange to get your truck over here.

If your concern is the throttle closing as seen in your datalogging do not worry, this is done to control boost / protect the engine as it does so in every ecoboost ever made. We can make it stay wide open when everything is within the targeted range, items like fuel press, boost and torque output can create this form of "protection". These are very complicated ECM's and not something that can be explained in a paragraph. We have a revision for our tune that I have been working on and just released it to the first customers today. It closes the throttle when it needs to just like it does factory but with a notable improvement in power over our current cw tune, which is already well ahead of the stock tune.

Ryan327

Items such as fuel, hardware, or mechanical parts, are exactly what it contribute to this problem. It is fuel, hardware, and mechanical. These issues are what we are protecting. The new tune we developed months ago fixed the hesitation issue that was brought on by cold weather and winter blend fuel. If we don't protect these items there will be very unhappy customers as they'll be dealing with something far more serious than a hesitation.

If someone is running our tunes and has problems with hesitation please email or call in. I have an explorer I drive every day with the CW tune and have numerous local customers who have driven in temperatures below 0 degrees and have no hesitation.

Rya327 are you a customer of ours?

DM

Heck if I had the skills of some of these guys on here I would have just tuned it myself??? Why bother paying Livernois or others and wasting good $$ when they could have done it at home?? All I needed to do is buy a couple of apps for my smart phone and lap top and do a few seat of the pants runs and there you go sounds like.

Heck I'm not that smart though, so I guess I'll just have to keep letting the professionals do it, dang.

BTW Livernois, my tune is running great and couldn't be happier. And thanks for all the headaches I would have gotten trying to figure this out of myself LOL.

BTW Livernois, my tune is running great and couldn't be happier. And thanks for all the headaches I would have gotten trying to figure this out of myself LOL.

+1
Love the tunes

Heck if I had the skills of some of these guys on here I would have just tuned it myself??? Why bother paying Livernois or others and wasting good $$ when they could have done it at home?? All I needed to do is buy a couple of apps for my smart phone and lap top and do a few seat of the pants runs and there you go sounds like.

Heck I'm not that smart though, so I guess I'll just have to keep letting the professionals do it, dang.

+1

Job well done Livernois. Keep up the awesome work!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys

Fish4five, 13sport, broken strut and anyone else who has our tunes.

On a serious note if we ever do or currently have any problems with our tunes we need to address it ASAP.

We're not perfect but we stand behind what we do. I think that's all I ever ask when I purchase something is someone offers a solution.

Regards

LME

I'd like to update this thread.

I have since contacted LMS and their tuner directly.

We have cut through all of the misconceptions, miscommunication and satisfied all issues I had.

Livernois will continue to receive my business and I will recommend them to anyone here. :thumbsup:

We have cut through all of the misconceptions, miscommunication and satisfied all issues I had.

Livernois will continue to receive my business and I will recommend them to anyone here. :thumbsup:

What was the final outcome? Was there a modification to your tune?

Thats awesome, glad to hear you are up and running strong!

What was the final outcome? Was there a modification to your tune?

I got my questions answered pertaining to the fuel system and its limitations. Limits I have exceeded for some time apparently.

I also was informed of the extent of LMS' research into the fuel system so far.

Thanks for the heads up!

Back