Opinion/Advice? on putting 22"FORD EDGE LINCOLN MKX FACTORY Wheels on Sprt Trc Adren | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Opinion/Advice? on putting 22"FORD EDGE LINCOLN MKX FACTORY Wheels on Sprt Trc Adren

Jcaci88

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 STA
Has anyone tired or can the 22" FORD EDGE LINCOLN MKX FACTORY wheel fit on a Sport Trac Adrenalin?

I am told these wheels will fit:

Ford Edge 2007-2014

Ford Explorer 2011-2014

Lincoln MKX 2007-2012

the specs are: 22x9 +39 offset

The Tires that are usually mounted with this rim from Ford are:

265/40/22 DURUN F-ONE 106VXL

PLEASE let me know if you think these will be ok and if a 40 series tire is enough or would we have to ho to 45 series profile? :scratch:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400681829826...84.m1423.l2648

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I inquired this forum about using Explorer wheels on my '10 STA and was told the center bore of the Explorer wheels are smaller than those of the Sport Trac and would not fit without some sort of modification. May be something you should check out. Maybe others could comment on this?

The 4th gen explorer has the same hubs as the 2nd gen sport trac. As for questions about what will fit, give this link a look. It wont show max tire diameter but it will give you bolt pattern, hub center, and offsets.

http://www.myboltpattern.com/bolt-pattern-guide/side-by-side-bolt-patterns/

A lot of guys dont worry about offset but if you ask me it makes a big difference. My brother inlaw has a late 90's chevy with 16 inch turbines and and an offset that makes them stick out about 4 inches. He sure thinks it looks cool, but on the highway at 60mph that thing handles like an empty grain truck down a muddy back road.

null_zps78b171cb.jpg

Those look great, nice looking truck you got there.

Thank you I had to put a 7/16 plates on the front only l.

I also have an interest in these wheels since my originals need replacing.
I have found conflicting information on a number of websites indicating the 08-10 wheels have the same center bore of 70.5.

Here is one comparison between the 20" Explorer and 22" Edge/MKX for example.

Follow this Link for the specs on the 08-10 22" Edge wheel.

Follow this link for the 20" Explorer wheel.

Wheel-fitment.com has the Edge at 70.6 and Explorer at 70.3
Boltpatternguide.net has both at 70.6

After my search I have no idea what's right or wrong!

Does anyone know for fact that 08-10 Edge and Explorer models are the same?

I have a 2010 STA that I have the 2010 Edge Sport 22" Rims on. The 22" rims on the new 2011+ Edge Sport that my wife has is the same offset as the 2011 and would fit on my STA also. Fills the wheel wells nice, handles a little nicer, however you can feel the drag from the wider track and the heavier rims. I would post some pics, but on the office computer now.

I would highly recommend it as it makes it look a lot nicer to me and many many people who complement me on it.

The 22" rims on the new 2011+ Edge Sport that my wife has is the same offset as the 2011 and would fit on my STA also.

Direct fit with no spacers?

I have a 2010 STA that I have the 2010 Edge Sport 22" Rims on. The 22" rims on the new 2011+ Edge Sport that my wife has is the same offset as the 2011 and would fit on my STA also. Fills the wheel wells nice, handles a little nicer, however you can feel the drag from the wider track and the heavier rims. I would post some pics, but on the office computer now.

I would highly recommend it as it makes it look a lot nicer to me and many many people who complement me on it.

Would love to see pics when you have a chance. Do you have a 6 or 8 cylinder and how is the gas mileage with the 22 inch wheels.

That's the confirmation I was hoping for! Thanks!
The offset works but is the hub center bore the same?

And please post pics when you can. Thanks again!

Back