• Register Today It's free!

Opinion on Winter Tires

KRB_Borden

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 AWD Adrenalin
Just wondering a professional opinion, I recently picked up a set of 205/60R16 winter tires on rims to replace my P255/50R20 Adrenalin wheels. Besides looking absolutely ridiculous on the truck, can anyone tell me if this particular set of tires I bought are even SAFE on the truck for the winter??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Awful short. Truck will sit lower and hang up on the snow.

You'll also unnecessarily run up the mileage (due to wheel rotation sensors yielding mileage) and your speedo will be way off in the high direction (i.e. speedo will indicate a much higher speed than actual).

I'd really recommend against it.
Small differences in tire size +/- 1.5 inches tend to be ok, but those tires are 4-5 inches smaller in diameter than stock.

I see you are in Canada. If you can dump those, Costco has 17" rims for the sport trac for 50 each. You can get a set of 245/65/17 blizzaks installed, with tax for 800 bucks. you could probably have a brand new set up for around 1000.

Had the same winter size for the wife's STA last year. She was confident driving with these tires. We didn't get a lot last year in Toronto. It does look wierd on your rig but it sure does the job.

We have NAVI dash installed and she noticed that the speedometer is about 5 -7 km/hr more than the NAVI.

Back