• Register Today It's free!

2008 Adrenlin winter tires

KRB_Borden

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 AWD Adrenalin
I have a 2008 Adrenlin and it's nearing that time to start thinking about winter tires, I know the wheels are 5-bolt 114.3mm pattern but I'm just wondering what the smallest rim size is that will fit? Recently on Kijiji I found a set of Firestone Winterforce 205 60R 16 on 16" rims for a great price, I'm just wondering if the rim is too small to fit around the brake equipment, or would these tires not work at all? Any information would be great. thanks!

how about the steel's they use a spares? I think from '04 on its the same rim and they are
245/65/17's? Might find them cheap. . .on a side note i'll two available as i'm swapping them out for OEM rims which are 235/65/18's.

A 205/60-16 is a much shorter tire than you have now, even if the rims physically bolt on. It will not handle very well, the speedo will be off, and you will lose ground clearance. As fas as I know 16" wheels are the smallest that will fit. If you don't want to put snows on your stock wheels then I would look at late-model 16" Explorer wheels on eBay, Craigslist, or local junkyards. They're not the prettiest things but if you don't care how it looks then 16" and !7" Crown Vic cop car wheels will fit. Smaller-than-Adrenalin OE tire sizes are 235/70-16, 245/65-17, and 235/65-18. The absolute shiznit for winter tires are Bridgestone Blizzaks. Firestone Winterforces are cheaper and good tires for the money. My son has them for his Mustang and they were on my daughter's Jeep when I bought it.

Well I'm more concerned about the rims fitting than I am cosmetics, I ended up buying the set-up, I paid 300$ for the tires on the 16" rims (used only one season, about 85% tread left, like brand new), plus the amount that my truck will actually move this winter I'm not overly concerned about the small difference in handling or ground clearance. Thanks for the help guys!

Back