Opinions/Experiences with Soundstream gear? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Opinions/Experiences with Soundstream gear?

cherrybomb

Reaction score
City, State
Southern California
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 EB 5.0L (R.I.P)
I'm hoping that particularly Expo5.0 will reply to this.

I used to work for a local company that installed high end car audio in super high end cars here in Santa Barbara. I.E. Vipers, Porsche 911's, Hummers, Bentlys, and more BMW's than you could shake a stick at.

Back then, A/D/S and Soundstream were the companies to beat as far as sound quality and overall value were concerned. I've still got a few amps, and some speakers from Soundstream.

I'm curious, what is the overall opinion of these pieces now? I'm planning to put a lot of this gear into my (new-to-me) explorer, but I'd like to hear what people think of them.

I've got 4ea 10" Soundstream SPL10's. Not sure how many I'm going to put in the explorer. I'd like to do all 4, but I don't really wanna build a huge box that takes up space in the rear cargo area. I'm toying with the idea of some fiberglass in the usual "stealth box" area(s) to house them.

I've also got a Soundstream D200II, and some other stuff I can't remember off the top of my head.

I haven't heard anything new that Soundstream has made in say.. The last 6 years. Just wondering if their current lineup is everything I remember the old school stuff to be?

Back