Orange strip on the side of my '94? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Orange strip on the side of my '94?

May be a dumb question....but I want to know whats the best way to get rid or, or cover or change this orange strip on the side of my '94 Sport.

These aren't updated pics (just got a new grill, new headlights and fog lights), and the orange just matches nothing...

100_4020.jpg

Welli suppose you could remove the door guards entirely, or mask them off and paint them all black. Im not sure if that orange is a decal or not. If it is, you could probably take that off, but i bet it would be easiest just to paint them

I wouldn't try and take them off. There is a very sticky glue holding them on, almost like the foam poster board stickers. Painting them would be easiest. I put electrical tape on mine first to see what it would look like painted black.

I wouldn't try and take them off. There is a very sticky glue holding them on, almost like the foam poster board stickers. Painting them would be easiest. I put electrical tape on mine first to see what it would look like painted black.

Yea I was thinking that too....thanks for the tip though.

Guess I'll pick up some black spray paint for plastic and do my best.

Back