Ordering 2014 Sport, Sienna interior with white/silver exterior? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordering 2014 Sport, Sienna interior with white/silver exterior?

rbkhockey83

Reaction score
Hi guys, just joined the forum. I'm currently leasing a 2012 Explorer Limited, and will be switching over to the sport soon. I had to order a 2014 Sport since there were literally only a couple 2013 models left in the state. My problem is I've always gotten the "stone" light colored interior because I hate how hot the black gets. I now realize I'll have to deal with a dark interior with the sport, but I was wondering if anyone has a silver or white sport with the sienna interior? I know it goes well with red and black, but those are the two colors I do not want. Can anyone who owns a silver/white sport with the sienna inserts chime in? I really like the way the sienna looks compared to the all black, but I wanted to get opinions on whether or not they went together.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Sienna is the color I wanted - But it was the wife's car so she wanted black on black....

we did test drive a black on sienna and it was 'SHARP' !

our opinion is not important though - it's your car - get what YOU like...

The Sienna is the color I wanted - But it was the wife's car so she wanted black on black....

we did test drive a black on sienna and it was 'SHARP' !

our opinion is not important though - it's your car - get what YOU like...

Yeah, I was just wondering what everyone thought about it with the silver, not sure how well it goes. There's none in stock anywhere so I have no way to see one in person. I definitely like the sienna better, but I'm not sure about it with a silver exterior

There was one on ebay that had some good pictures you may check out. Not sure if its still there.

it looks great in the interior, and there's no exterior colors on the inside, so it doesn't matter what color the exterior is. And it's not like it's not a neutral color either. Sienna goes with any exterior color, not like it's orange or blue or red inserts or something. If you like it, go for it! It looks like a notch above the all-black interior with the accents. I would have gotten it but same case as above, it's the wife's vehicle, so she got to pick lol.

I've got white with sienna interior. Interior looks very nice. The seats aren't all sienna, just the middle seating surfaces and some trim, and the top of the center console armrest.

With sienna it looks very polished. Very well done.

I was hesitant at first as well, but it looks very well good! And it doesn't quite roast the back of your legs in the sun (with moonroof)...

Hi guys, just joined the forum. I'm currently leasing a 2012 Explorer Limited, and will be switching over to the sport soon. I had to order a 2014 Sport since there were literally only a couple 2013 models left in the state. My problem is I've always gotten the "stone" light colored interior because I hate how hot the black gets. I now realize I'll have to deal with a dark interior with the sport, but I was wondering if anyone has a silver or white sport with the sienna interior? I know it goes well with red and black, but those are the two colors I do not want. Can anyone who owns a silver/white sport with the sienna inserts chime in? I really like the way the sienna looks compared to the all black, but I wanted to get opinions on whether or not they went together.

Thanks!
Welcome to the Forum rbkhockey83.:wavey:
Like you I am not a fan of the black interior. In my opinion it makes everything dark inside along with the carpet and dash. Unfortunately with the Sport you have little choice. I'm hoping that by the time my lease is up (Mar. 2015) that Ford will offer something that will allow for more contrast like I have with the light stone now. I personally think the sienna interior would look very good with the white platinum tri-coat exterior.

Peter

I have a silver Sport with the sienna interior and think it looks great. It is obviously a matter of personal taste, but I think that it looks more interesting and upscale than the black. I ordered mine last summer before the Sport went into production so I was relieved that it looked so good when it arrived.

Sienna interior

I have the Ingot Sport with Sienna inserts. I love it and everyone else who's seen it thinks it looks great. I think the contrast goes well with the black interior and the silver exterior. Best of all it's a free option.

I sure hope Ingot Silver with the Sienna inserts looks good - as that's what we ordered.

I did not want the Sienna, but it's a personal choice. I'd rock it on black or that cool brown color they have in the non-sport line, but that's about it.

Back