• Register Today It's free!

Outside mirror vibrates

Bruce Rock

Reaction score
City, State
Kaukauna, Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
My drivers side mirror vibrates so bad the image in it is blurred. Holding the edge of the mirror near the inside doesn't help. Just touching the mirror on the outside edge stops the vibration.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? How did you fix it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

is your stereo up loud? are the roads horrible? it may just be something you need to deal with....

did you have it replaced recently? the only reason i am asking is because when i broke mine, i had it replaced with an aftermarket one and it shook like crazy. then i replaced it with an oem mirror and it was fine.

I don't think it's the stereo or roads since the one on the passanger side shows a good image. Both mirrors seem to have the same amount of play in them when checked standing still.

I haven't replaced the mirror but my brother-in-law who gave us the explorer might have. I'll check with him since he bought it new.

If it's the orginal mirror I'll try tearing it down. It's a power mirror. I may have stripped something in the drive scrapping ice off or cleaning it, although the drive still works.

hehe when my stereo is going blastingly loud all my mirrors shake so bad i cant even use them =)

Is it the mirror itself or the housing as well ?

Back