Over heating 94 Ranger ! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Over heating 94 Ranger !

D

DBExplorin

I have a two wheel drive 94 Ranger with the V6 and automatic transmission and it keeps overheating. The water pump, hoses, thermostat and belt have been replaced yet it seems to overheat. The truck gets incredibly hot when climbing the Altamont pass (Livermore, CA), the gauge points to the H with or without the AC on. I need to find out why. I have heard stories of people who have had overheating problems resulting from head gasket failures, hopefully this isn't one. How can I tell? Should I change the temp sender, flush the block & radiator.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had the same problem with a 91 ranger. You need to flush the radiator. When I had my problem I found that the radiator was deteriorating from the inside and ended up having to replace the radiator. If you have high mileage you may need to pull the engine and replace the head gasket. Start withthe radiator it is cheaper.

That is one hell of a hill. Been over it many times..

I'd start with a flush first. Since your radiator is old anyway you might just want to replace it. I am not too sure about the ranger but the ex. has a dual core radiator option available. Replacement at autozone is about 200.00. Was part of the factory towing package.

did you guys notice that the post you are responding to was posted on april of 1999???

sorry i thought it was kinda funny

Duh :D
Teach me for screwing arround on the job and not working.

Back