• Register Today It's free!

Overheating problems

Ranger0451

Reaction score
City, State
Taylor, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Ranger
Hey everybody!! I have a 1995 Ranger 4cylinder 2.3L 2WD. I just had my head gasket blow about two months ago. Since then I've had the head gasket replaced a new head, I also had the thermostat, water pump, and all my radiator hoses replaced too. Since then I have been getting overheating problems still with the truck. I drive it for a little while on short trips but any distance or sustained driving it continues to overheat on me. I havent seen any leaks but the resevoir keeps backing up on me forcing me to put in more fluid because the radiator is empty. I really dont know what else to look at if anyone has any ideas that could help I would really apprectiate it. Thanks!!!:mad:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had that problem, and it was a pinhole in the radioator. Not big enough to show as a leak, but it would lose coolant and run hot on long drives.

Welcome to the forum.

...welcome here...:D

...just my thinking but, when you blew the head gasket and did the repair you might have gotten something in the radiator system that might be causing some blockage...:scratch:

overheating

Hey everybody!! I have a 1995 Ranger 4cylinder 2.3L 2WD. I just had my head gasket blow about two months ago. Since then I've had the head gasket replaced a new head, I also had the thermostat, water pump, and all my radiator hoses replaced too. Since then I have been getting overheating problems still with the truck. I drive it for a little while on short trips but any distance or sustained driving it continues to overheat on me. I havent seen any leaks but the resevoir keeps backing up on me forcing me to put in more fluid because the radiator is empty. I really dont know what else to look at if anyone has any ideas that could help I would really apprectiate it. Thanks!!!:mad:

the only thing you havent mentioned is changing the radiator cap.if the lower radiator hose dosent have a spring inside of it,the probelm could be hose collapsing

Back