• Register Today It's free!

Panel and floor temp buttons?

smackitsakic

Reaction score
City, State
Saskatchewan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Limited
Hi all, I’m new here. Just picked up a 16 limited last week. My first explorer. Has about 50k miles. Super clean.

So far so good, but one thing driving me crazy is that there are no buttons to toggle between floor/panel/mix settings on the temp control. You have to go into the Climate panel in the Sync system to change these settings, as there are only buttons for windshield controls. Is there a fix to this? Or a trick to it? I find it super distracting to have to play around with a screen to change my settings vs a quick and simple button to press to change it. This must be a known/common problem?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi all, I’m new here. Just picked up a 16 limited last week. My first explorer. Has about 50k miles. Super clean.

So far so good, but one thing driving me crazy is that there are no buttons to toggle between floor/panel/mix settings on the temp control. You have to go into the Climate panel in the Sync system to change these settings, as there are only buttons for windshield controls. Is there a fix to this? Or a trick to it? I find it super distracting to have to play around with a screen to change my settings vs a quick and simple button to press to change it. This must be a known/common problem?
I should point out that I tried to find this info in the owners manual but didn’t find anything helpful in there.

I'm guessing your limited has the Sony info-tainment system? If so, it's most likely MFT (my ford touch) and not SYNC 3. I'd assume most people are using voice command b/c the lack of a physical button. Hope that's at least a little helpful.
Yes, myFordTouch, correct. Voice command does work but still a pain compared to a physical button. That seems like a big design flaw.

Yes, myFordTouch, correct. Voice command does work but still a pain compared to a physical button. That seems like a big design flaw.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I previously had a 2017 Platinum and if I recall correctly, the only way to change the airflow is with the touch screen. It is the same on my 2023 Aviator.

Peter

It is a huge flaw if you ask me. If it's enough of a problem to throw some money at I'd say pick up a FCIM from non-premium Sony equipped 2016-2019 explorer and swap it out. They have physical buttons you are looking for.
Only functions I see missing from the Sony FCIM are the camera button and the cooled seats button. If your Limited has neither of those options, that's the route I'd go.

Back