• Register Today It's free!

Parking brake noise

woody2010

Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Eddie Bauer
I have a 02 Eddie Bauer, i replaced the wheel bearing, rear knuckle and link and also the rear parking brake. i now have a noise like the parking brake is rubbing but when i engage the parking brake it won't hold. This has been a pain from day one this whole project started to replace wheel bearing until the shop that pressed the bearing for me broke the knuckle and it has taken a month to get all the right parts for it, so i have been down for a month any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I have a 02 Eddie Bauer, i replaced the wheel bearing, rear knuckle and link and also the rear parking brake. i now have a noise like the parking brake is rubbing but when i engage the parking brake it won't hold. This has been a pain from day one this whole project started to replace wheel bearing until the shop that pressed the bearing for me broke the knuckle and it has taken a month to get all the right parts for it, so i have been down for a month any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

If the parking brake doesn't hold then I would say it needs to be adjusted.

If the parking brake doesn't hold then I would say it needs to be adjusted.

Thanks BigRondo, i have tried everything already, its a matter of getting rid of the noise. When i first heard the noise ,the brake was holding, so i thought if i adjusted it in a little it would lose the noise and still hold ,but no luck still have the noise and now it won't hold.

Back