Part Numbers for OEM Lighting Solutions for 2017 PIU | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Part Numbers for OEM Lighting Solutions for 2017 PIU

lost768

Reaction score
City, State
Wausau, Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 PIU
Where can I find part numbers for the emergency lights compatible with the OEM wiring harness & mounting brackets of a 2017 PIU?

Specifically:
  • option 66C Rear Lighting Solution (inside of liftgate glass and inside lift of liftgate)
  • and option 60A (pre-wiring for grille lights)
My PIU had the OEM lights stripped out before I got it, and now I'm trying to find lights that will fit into the existing holes & mounting brackets.
Been looking through the Modifier Guide, but I'm not seeing those part numbers in there.

1701313754764.png

1701313768446.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where can I find part numbers for the emergency lights compatible with the OEM wiring harness & mounting brackets of a 2017 PIU?

Specifically:
  • option 66C Rear Lighting Solution (inside of liftgate glass and inside lift of liftgate)
  • and option 60A (pre-wiring for grille lights)
My PIU had the OEM lights stripped out before I got it, and now I'm trying to find lights that will fit into the existing holes & mounting brackets.
Been looking through the Modifier Guide, but I'm not seeing those part numbers in there.

View attachment 447738

View attachment 447739
All (4) factory lights are Whelen IONS and can be had in (Red, Blue, Amber, and white) The newer ION TRIO is a 3 color light head.
The Brackets to hold the IONs at the top of the rear windshield are
Lamp Bracket - Ford (DB5Z-13A417-A)
The Flash covers are
Shield – Passenger Side (RH) – Ford (DB5Z-13B464-AA)
Shield – Driver’s Side (LH) – Ford (DB5Z-13B465-AA)
For the lights on the bottom of the liftgate the mount is (riveted in)
Bracket - DB5Z-13N364-A

You might find that this becomes an expensive endeavor quite quickly. Another option is replacing the upper and lower liftgate trim moldings. I think If it were me I'd go that route and find them in a scrap yard or buy a few sheets of kydex, mockup and cut it into patches and glue and or rivet them in from the rear of the trim to "fix" the holes left behind.

I just checked the bracket DB5Z-13N364-A on Levittown Ford and Ford Parts and shows as discontinued/obsolete.

Peter

I just checked the bracket DB5Z-13N364-A on Levittown Ford and Ford Parts and shows as discontinued/obsolete.

Peter
Makes sense as the 6th Gen PIU liftgate trim is a different shape than the 5th making the new mounts a totally different part number.

Makes sense as the 6th Gen PIU liftgate trim is a different shape than the 5th making the new mounts a totally different part number.
I didn't specify vehicle year or type when I searched the number so it would have included both gens. I did a 'Search all vehicles'.

Peter

I didn't specify vehicle year or type when I searched the number so it would have included both gens. I did a 'Search all vehicles'.

Peter
Peter, all I was just saying was that it made sense the part number is discontinued as they aren't making 5th gen PIU's anymore. Your search for multiple generations means nothing when the part in question is different and therefore wouldn't share the same part number... Case and point the OEM rear lighting solution (Option 66C) for the 6th Gen are.
LB5Z-13N364-AA Right lower bracket
LB5Z-13N364-BA Left lower bracket
LB5Z-13A417-A Left upper bracket
LB5Z-13A416-A Right upper bracket
LB5Z-13B464-AB Right cover
LB5Z-13B465-AB Left cover

Peter, all I was just saying was that it made sense the part number is discontinued as they aren't making 5th gen PIU's anymore. .......................................
Understood. Just thought that they might have had some stock for the 5th gens similar to other parts that are still available for the retail 5th gen units.

Peter

Back