• Register Today It's free!

Passenger Seat not operational

grey169

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
2016 Sport Explorer and the heated and cool seats are not working. The lights light up on the console but no fan motor runs. Drivers side works as it should.
I used Forscan and pull the codes of B14BC:13 Circuit Open. Passenger Seat Back Thermal Electric Device.
I have been looking around and I am unable to find much.
Fuse is good as the Drivers side works.
I have found one place to replace the TED (Thermal Electric Device) but I am unable to find a part number for that. I think that this might be the part but unsure

Module. Control. HEATER. Seat.

Part Number: 9U5Z14C724A

I have also found that it might be the seat heater coil also.

I do not have a schematic to do any voltage checks or resistance checks.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

If you're looking to buy it, go here; Original 2007-2021 Ford Seat Heater Control Module 9U5Z-14C724-A | Levittown Ford Parts
Levittown is a site vendor and offers members a discount.
Does the seat cushion work? Since the code mentions Circuit Open, it may be a wiring issue and not the module.
Check the links in this post and see if there is anything that can help. 2015 Explorer - Wheel Speed Sensor Issue

Peter
Awesome!!! Thanks for the link. If I need to module I will order from them. I do not have a wiring diagram so I am unsure of how test to see if it is the wiring in the seat or the module. I know the module would be a quick replacement but would rather know then throw money at it trying to troubleshoot.

Back