• Register Today It's free!

Passenger Side Speakers OUT

JoeDirt

Reaction score
City, State
Harrisburg, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 Sport
My front and rear speakers on the passenger side are very low compared to the driver side. I don't think the speakers blew, and I checked my fade and balance. Is this an amplifier issue? If so, how do I fix? I have a tape deck unit.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I"m having a similar problem as well.. both my lefts are out. but haven't figured it out yet.

started that they just wouldn't come on until you turned it up past a certain level but now you really have to crank it for them to work.

I narrowed my problem down. It only happens when I use a tape deck adapter like the ones you use for portable cd players or XM radio in my case. My tape deck doesn't like them adapters.

does it do it with all tapes?...also isnt that mono instead of stereo? like mono tvs only have 1 speaker usually on the left side of the TV whereas stereo tvs have 2 speakers or more?

i might be on the wrong tack with that though

In my case, it is supposed to run to all channels...

Purchased a sony cassette adapter last night from circuit city for 20 washingtons. Works just fine. The only problem is, for how long?

Joedirt sounds like you have a line on your problem.

I got a little further on mine as well.
as it turns out while the radios don't look the same
one that I had from my old t-bird shared the same connectors, so I hooked it up and was able to get sound out of all the speakers, (although the left side was still a bit quieter.

Back