• Register Today It's free!

Pedal Commander

Ron Bumpus

Reaction score
City, State
North NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Sport 402A
Not sure if any of you have tried this for the turbo lag or just lag in general, I purchased a Pedal Commander which is connected directly to the gas pedal, no tuning needed and can remove anytime, Anyway. it has 4 settings ECO, CITY, Sport1 Sport2. Plus sensitivity 1 to 4 the this is fantastic. Installing it took about 5 min for the temp install and about 40 for the permanent install which is mounted in the tray by the shifter.

2x month I drive from NJ to Jessup PA, about 140 miles. On Eco averaging 23-26 MPG
City really takes the spool lag out of the mushy pedal. Sport 1 / 2 literally makes the car jump if you blow on the gas pedal.

Needless to say I will have one of these in all my cars moving forward.

BTW, I have NO affiliation with the company, I am just a really happy customer and figured I would share.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's a cool product. I wish adjustability came with the car stock. I am guessing since it does not tune, it just affects the signal output of the throttle?

That's a cool product. I wish adjustability came with the car stock. I am guessing since it does not tune, it just affects the signal output of the throttle?
Correct, makes the Throttle by wire more / less sensitive, Since I live in NJ, where stop n go traffic is the norm, unless I am goofing around it's kept in ECO mode which prevents my lead foot from bouncing the car around. then when I really want to play I can put to sport and actually watch the fuel gauge go down

I've been using the Pedal Commander for a couple of months now. It took me a little while of experimenting with different settings to find the one that suits me best, and I had considered returning it early on, but I'm glad I decided to stick with it. Basically, it's an adjustable amplification of the signal between the pedal and the throttle body, and has the effect of giving you more throttle action with less push of the pedal. Although it seems like you should be able to, I haven't been able to quite duplicate the feeling of the PC just by pushing the gas pedal faster. Although it does not boost actual HP or TQ, the seat-of-your-pants effect is a more lively vehicle. I also like that adjustments are instantaneous. The two settings I use most are "wife-not-in-the-car" (Sport, -3) and "wife-in-the-car" (off), which are accessible with just a few button pushes.

There are a few devices on the market similar to the Pedal Commander, including PedalMax and Sprint Booster. Livernois also offers their own version. I picked the PC due to the wide variety of settings and at-your-fingertips access to those settings.

I have a Livernois tune coming next week. Livernois has confirmed that throttle enhancer devices are compatible with their tunes.

Is the 140 miles highway driving? Trying to see what the improvement would be roughly for city driving (currently get ~17mpg).

Whenever I want better throttle response I place the AWD selector into Sand mode. Crazy touchy. Conversely, Snow mode does the exact opposite.

Whenever I want better throttle response I place the AWD selector into Sand mode. Crazy touchy. Conversely, Snow mode does the exact opposite.
Not an option on a FWD XLT.

Hi, has anyone used the Commander Pedal on their 2.3 turbocharged Explorer? Improve acceleration and performance? Thank you

I'm running one on my XLT (3.5 NA engine). I like it. It's not really a performance enhancer (it will not increase engine HP or torque), but more of a response adjuster. Essentially, it's a signal amplifier between the pedal and the throttle body resulting in more throttle response with less pedal push. The result is the feel of a more lively vehicle.

Gracias Eric por la respuesta rápida, voy a hacer la solicitud

Couple questions I have about the PC on my ‘17 Explorer with the 3.5 ecoboost.

1. How does this affect the different AWD modes?
2. Do the sport modes offer any advantages with towing?

Still only 1000 miles on the explorer so hesitant to put a tuner.

Back