Performance mods | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Performance mods

Bottom line is any car can be fast if you have an unlimited amount of money. Engine swap, super or turbo, new gears, whatever. It can all be done for the $$. How about we take this thread back to topic to help this guy out?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are we seriously gunna turn this into a Jeep vs Ford thread on an Explorer Website?

If u wanna play this whole game a 2001 Cherokee has 195 hp with its 4.0L i6, my 01 ST has 210 and its not a Chrysler.

I was imply using it as an example of why most people would find these to be underpowered. If someone has driven other vehicles, 4.3 blazer 4.0 jeep. Explorers are heavier than they appear and lower power than most of it's competitors. I love my explorer however am not brand loyal in any means. I have owned them all and loved them all. Done.:D

agreed dont turn this into heep vs the ex, this site isnt about heeps. fyi b4 i started to have motor probs and still had the stock tires on mine i could burn but only at a burn set up (oil/water mix on ground)

jd if i remember right, you now have a rebuilt motor w/ a bad ass set up and better axles in the rear right?

I had 3 1st gens & never was able to do that. With simple mods or without. I could only screech tires accelerating around a corner, or a brief chirp from a stop. 2 were 5 speeds.
Maybe I had good sticky tires. 3.27 gears were in all of them.

3.27 was your problem.before i did motor swap and gears,on stock tires and 3.73 i did a burnouts so long and far that i melted one tire to rim and burnt my trans up.you all must not know how to do burn outs.in a 5speed ranger with 3.73 and 4.0 i can easily melt the tires off for sure. And last i weighted my 4door it was 4601

But for the OP there is no mods really worth the money unless you open up the motor,cams ,p+p head work.but if you wanna start somewhere simple cheap things like exhaust,intake,e-fan,under drive pullies and tb mod

should search for Aldives build thread if you wanna push mpg out, he has a lot of tips on mods you can do, and not to do because they are useless... search for his threads.

Back